Show me your front dif covers and talk about them - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Show me your front dif covers and talk about them

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #16
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I really love the look of the riddler.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #17
ADTR14
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob6987 View Post
This is an awesome paint job
Thanks! They turned out pretty nice. I was actually going to switch the black and silver, but wasnt sure how it would look.
ADTR14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I put on a front D30 Ruff Stuff and a rear 8.25 Ruff Stuff. Opted for the countersunk bolts and the drain plug for both (edit: rear didn't come drilled for countersunk bolts but came with 2 sets of bolts... still need to address this).. The drain plug is a little vulnerable, only drawback I can see? These are super beefy and a perfect fit. Very nice welding and look awesome in semi gloss black.

I don't have any pics specifically...yet. 4-4.5" lift front and rear, no clearance issues with the stock tie rod. Will see when I replace it?

Correction, snapped a pic or two.

Rear CH8.25

Front D30 LP

Basic black, I know...boring. You already chose the Riddler, but thought I would post up as I actually remembered to take pics this time.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by GregB_00XJ; 06-30-2011 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: added pics...
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:44 AM   #19
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You guys all have very pretty diff covers, nice paint jobs

Go wheel more!

Here is my front RuffStuff cover all beat to hell. Definitely could not have wheeled without this thing, I would have destroyed my gears 1000 times over. Yes, the tie rod hits the cover, but I have Currie steering, plus my axle is pushed forward about 2", so that doesn't help matters. It was fine with the Currie steering before the Poly longarm install.

I originally got mine front and rear with the drain plug and no countersunk bolts. I just bought a new front cover with no drain plug and countersunk bolts this time. The drain plugs will come loose if they ever hit a rock, and if you go offroad, they will definitely come in contact with rocks. Skip it, it'll just leak all the time. As far as the bolts go, I've used mine so much, I've literally scraped the bottom lip off the front cover, so the bottom 3-4 bolts have about half of their hex heads left. Makes it very hard to get the cover off. Countersunk bolts should fix this issue.
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #20
XGoBoomJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Riddler front d30, does not rub on anything. I cant see how a tracbar/tierod would constantly hit the thing. maybe on the d44 though..
Unread 06-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #21
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
You guys all have very pretty diff covers, nice paint jobs

Go wheel more!

Here is my front RuffStuff cover all beat to hell. Definitely could not have wheeled without this thing, I would have destroyed my gears 1000 times over. Yes, the tie rod hits the cover, but I have Currie steering, plus my axle is pushed forward about 2", so that doesn't help matters. It was fine with the Currie steering before the Poly longarm install.

I originally got mine front and rear with the drain plug and no countersunk bolts. I just bought a new front cover with no drain plug and countersunk bolts this time. The drain plugs will come loose if they ever hit a rock, and if you go offroad, they will definitely come in contact with rocks. Skip it, it'll just leak all the time. As far as the bolts go, I've used mine so much, I've literally scraped the bottom lip off the front cover, so the bottom 3-4 bolts have about half of their hex heads left. Makes it very hard to get the cover off. Countersunk bolts should fix this issue.
I didn't know being clean and detailed meant your vehicle never wheeled. This Rubicon has wheeled everything and always showed up prettier sms more detailed then most tow rigs.

Oh ya, riddler diff covers on her LOL

Unread 06-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
JeepRide
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I doubt you wheel in very much mud in the desert Nice JK.
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #23
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRide View Post
I doubt you wheel in very much mud in the desert Nice JK.
MUD? Whats that?
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #24
99XJBeast
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I as well have both riddler front and rear, and I smashed my front diff off a rock going 25 =[, thought i could clear it, put a ding in the cover, but it didn't do a damn thing to the cover, it took it like a champ. I have alot of clearance from trac bar, and I have rugged ridge upgraded steering. I may have pictures, i'll need to search, if not tomorrow I will take some from all angles.
99XJBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #25
99XJBeast
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, and 7and a half inch of lift...
99XJBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #26
c0ncEpT
1995 XJ Cherokee 

How much deeper are the Riddlers D30 diff covers than stock?

My JCR 1 ton tierod is within millimeters of contacting the stock cover and full lock...
Unread 06-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #27
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

thanks to all the awesome jeep forum members!!

riddler it is. ill post pics in here when i order it / get / paint it

Unread 06-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #28
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJeep View Post
I was talking about everyone's fancy paint jobs on the diff cover. You clearly have a bunch of rock marks on your cover, so you don't apply
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #29
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
I was talking about everyone's fancy paint jobs on the diff cover. You clearly have a bunch of rock marks on your cover, so you don't apply
forgot about this post... CRAP, I should have got out the touch up......
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #30
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

someone should message raven and tell her I need riddler.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.