Shorty antenna? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Shorty antenna?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing the Quart Crate...

Unread 09-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
daven75

Shorty antenna?

Anyone know where I can get a shorty antenna from!? I've tried autozone and walmart and none of the ones they have worked. all the wrong screw. Itd be for a factory replacement on a 2000 xj.

daven75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
DriverX
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Metal mast or flexible rubber? I have the short rubber one that I picked up from WalMart. No adapter used, it screws right on to the factory stud.
DriverX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Most antennas with GM threads will work (I don't have a shorty but I did have to replace the original whip). I found this out the hard way after trying all the Chrysler adaptors but none fit, however the antenna with no adaptor (GM threads are standard in most aftermarket antennas including the one I used, adaptors are usually used for other brands) worked fine. Remember the XJ was designed by AMC who was reaching into everybody's parts bin so not everything is Chrysler standard.
dmill89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
JacoToTheB
1997 ZJ 

On my mustang I just took the ball off the top of the antenna then cut it to the length I wanted then put the ball back on that. I always use my iPod through the stereo so idk how much it affected radio reception.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/my-jeep-build-infamous-f150-coils-1767489/
JacoToTheB is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.