Selling your XJ? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Selling your XJ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #31
xjken99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The last new vehile I bought was the XJ nine years ago. I am starting to get the new car bug so I may get something early next year. It will be something that gets better mpg than the XJ. The good thing is that I will be keeping the XJ no matter what I get.

Unread 07-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #32
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ive had this crazy idea to do a V8 swap in my xj for whatever reason. dont ask why..maybe ill just do a stroker but ive got 2 hours of advanced auto class every day next year so ill have access to alot of tools and fab stuff. but if that happens, i wont have a vehicle for awhile so i might get a cheap beater for like $400 or so. but again, never selling the xj.
Unread 07-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #33
wojtizzlator
1987 XJ Cherokee 

im def. selling mine i got 11mpg to larmie wyoming and get like 8 mpg city

i have it on craigs right now and i think i have it for 5000 and i def. have put more then that into it!

"who needs paved roads when u have a jeep"

87 xj 6" long arm lift, 35's, 4.88 yukon gears, front detroit true trac

colorado jeep club member # 74
wojtizzlator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #34
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJR9 View Post
Nope, don't plan on selling ANYTIME soon. A vehicle with 4WD that can get 18-20mpg is awesome. Definitely a must during the winter up here in MN. Ironically enough, the Xj is the economy car.
Amen to that. I live in Maine so I know what you're saying. My old 2wd explorer went into a ditch last winter cause I only had 2wd. Now I will be pulling those 2wd-ers out this upcoming winter!
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #35
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I never had a new car before always old muscle cars but when my girlfriend and I had our daughter she made me buy her a newish car back in 2001 we bought our xj I had worked in auto shops and saw many jeeps come in with 200,000 to 300,000 miles on them so it was a no brainer, then her little mazda truck which i had to drive died (baby seats dont fit to well in a small benchseat) so she got a merc sable wagon cheep so I got the jeep back in 2003 and she went up 4.5 inches got some new tires roof rack new front end componets and I love driving her every day we have put about 120,000 miles on her and she still hasent let us down
98muddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #36
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtizzlator View Post
i have it on craigs right now and i think i have it for 5000 and i def. have put more then that into it!
thats another thing..you never get what you pay for. luckily, i made a profit on my sebring when i sold it. $1400 profit to be exact.
Unread 07-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #37
wojtizzlator
1987 XJ Cherokee 

yeah your lucky then lol! i made profit parting out my old 65 bug made like 500 more or so and i gave the shell away for free

"who needs paved roads when u have a jeep"

87 xj 6" long arm lift, 35's, 4.88 yukon gears, front detroit true trac

colorado jeep club member # 74
wojtizzlator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.