Selling an XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Selling an XJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTruc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 09-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
AngryBassets

Selling an XJ

So I'm considering selling my Jeep. My needs have changed and it needs to go, unfortunately.

Anyway, who here has sold an XJ? How? On a jeep-specific message board? How long did it take? Did you get what you expected for it?

I'd think that the condition (low miles for the year, never beaten and extremely thoroughly maintained) my XJ is in, it would be more appealing to someone specifically interested in Jeeps.

AngryBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've actually sold three in the past year and got blue book on all of them. I advertised on Craigslist and on the Jeep specific forums. Selling time varied from a week to a few months. Word of mouth sold one of them and a "for sale" sign generated some phone calls. A clean vehicle is the key to a sale. The exterior should be waxed and not have any rust or things that need to be fixed. Same for the interior - clean and everthing should work properly.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
AngryBassets

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango-bob View Post
I've actually sold three in the past year and got blue book on all of them. I advertised on Craigslist and on the Jeep specific forums. Selling time varied from a week to a few months. Word of mouth sold one of them and a "for sale" sign generated some phone calls. A clean vehicle is the key to a sale. The exterior should be waxed and not have any rust or things that need to be fixed. Same for the interior - clean and everthing should work properly.
I expect it to go rather quickly. I'm not looking to make much off it, it's in very good condition (everything works, and works well), and at 105k, it's low miles for an XJ (an almost 12 year old one, at that).
Unread 09-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
mbogosia
1987 MJ Comanche 

You don't have any lift parts you want to part out do you? If so PM me what you have and what you would want for them.

Matt
Welded rear and Aussie Front Locker
mbogosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
AngryBassets

Nope; it's STOCK other than some lights, ext idle switch and aux fan switch (never needed it).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.