selling my GFs xj. what do u think - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > selling my GFs xj. what do u think

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
chevy6bt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

selling my GFs xj. what do u think

http://poconos.craigslist.org/cto/2842899437.html

this was my girlfriends daily driver, its a 2000 cherokee sport, with an automatic trans, and the 4.0L straight six (bullet proof). its all stock except for a custom front bumper built front 2x4 box 1/4wall thickness, (deer slayer). and it has a 2" lift, so it doesn't look like such a grocery getter. the paint is in great condition, although on the pass side there is 2 very small dents one right behind the front marker light and one on the rear quarter behind the rear pass door, the paint isn't chipped or scratched on the dents. the interior is also very nice. no rips or tears. it has power windows, power locks, it has AC, but this past summer it wasn't working so good. might just need a charge. i upgraded the head lights the crappy sealed beams to 90/100 watt h4 lights. there awsome at nite, plus it has the aux low beams on the bumper. has a class 3, 2" receiver hitch . 3 out of the 4 tires are good n will pass inspection. one of them has sum dry rot. call/txt me at 973 886 7861.

thanks-karl

Unread 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
krabby124
1999 TJ Wrangler 

it looks lifted
krabby124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Do you have her permission to sell it?
Unread 02-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
TimHaw
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabby124 View Post
it looks lifted
It says in the ad it has a 2" Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
Do you have her permission to sell it?
x2
TimHaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
N8N
1999 XJ Cherokee 

nice looking heep. I'd lose the trailer hitch, IMHO it makes the value go DOWN... (and I like having a trailer hitch, but that one is fugly. Sorry if I offended, but I'm just callin' it like I see it.)
N8N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
krabby124
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I was just saying bc you said stock other then bumper but I didn't read the post. Guess next time I will read before I post

YJ Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/95-high-school-yj-build-1411192/
krabby124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
WestTennXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Miles? I think it could use some cleaning up. Looks like a rust belt Jeep with bald tires and a home made front bumper. No offense, just answering the question. I do have a request...PLEASE take another shot of picture 3 so we can see what's going on with that levitating station wagon!
2011 WK2 Limited (Wife's)
WestTennXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I would do a punctuation check and spell check... Capitalize the first letter of sentences, and night is not spelled "nite", among other things. Dump the info about your girlfriend and the other frivolous info. the average buyer wants cold stats, not the human side of it, they don't want to spend time on it, and try to dig for info. I did not see the usual 400lb gorilla, mileage. Or, when it was maintained, any accidents, etc.

Heck, if you really (she really) wants to sell it, list it with a carfax report. Less work a buyer has to do, the more they will want it. Get closeup pictures inside, post them on a photo sharing site like photobucket or picassa.

I honestly look at ads like that, and see if there is anything better.

And to add to this..... Is it so hard for people to type in full words? YOu.... we aren't on cell phones that took 3 hours to type 10 word messages out there. You have a keyboard, use all of it
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
chevy6bt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well thanx for the tips guys, maybe ill pull the hitch. I always thought it was ugly too, but it was a freebie and got the job done. n yes it is from the north east with bald tires, i pulled the aftermarket rims n tires for another project. well so far i got 2 guys coming to see it sunday. so if i get lucky i aint got to waste my time with cleaning it up, i got alot of projects, and not alot of time. well here is a few shots of them. thanx again guys. keep on jeepin.

MUD TRUCK/ field slamming beer wagon
82' buick. custom frame, d60/14-bolt 4.56s, locked front n rear, 52" leafs in the front, 3-link rear, 350/700r4. power everything, 44"s (but now im dropping it 6"s triangulated 4-link in the rear, and 40" TSLs

all around awsum
86' k30, cummins/5-speed swap, 4-link front, d60 welded/14-bolt detroit 4.56s, 4-door cab swap on to standard cab chassis, custom bed, custom bumpers, 40x18x16.5 mickeys

then i just started working on that zj , and thats goin to be my woods beater. more pics to come soon.
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
need4speedtonka
1999 XJ Cherokee 

you sure like to build stuff....love that buick
Unread 02-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #11
chevy6bt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

thanks need for speed. yea i do enjoy it. i like ur paint job, thats slick
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
WestTennXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Man, that wagon is redneck as hell but it's awesome!
2011 WK2 Limited (Wife's)
WestTennXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

k30...
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #14
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
k30...
Cummins K30
Unread 03-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #15
Lnthiess

Wow I must say the wagon looks pretty awesome!!!!!
Lnthiess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.