Saw Some of TeamCherokee's Operation in Person Today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Saw Some of TeamCherokee's Operation in Person Today

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 12-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Saw Some of TeamCherokee's Operation in Person Today

And I'm very unimpressed. I was there because I had ordered a pair of side mirrors and received a mismatched pair--one was glossy black while the other was matte. I live only a little north of their warehouse and work just a little south of it.

After being told I'd receive a call back and never getting one, I got in contact with them again (their phone goes to voicemail a lot, and my messages never got returned; I switched my tactic to spam-dialing until someone picked-up because it's the only way I ever established communication with them) and arranged to make an exchange in person to get a better matching pair. The person I made the arrangement with was not there, and no one who was there had the first clue who I was, why I was there, or where my contact was--"She should be here; I don't know where she is."

I was first greeted by a young girl who was extra clueless and even though by her own admission she was just a shipping person and didn't know about anything else, she was quite persistent about butting into my business there and kept telling me to leave and come back later (even though she didn't know when "later" should be). The other shipping girl seemed more knowledgeable and was trying to be helpful but was also understandably in above her head. They both kept going back to an office to ask some guy questions who never did come out to see me, and I was told quite unprofessionally by Girl #1 that he's very irritable and just yells at them for asking him things. Awesome.

Eventually (about 10 min in) a truly helpful employee showed-up. She was also had no briefing regarding my issue and my arrival, but she got up to speed and, after doing some digging, determined that they did not have any more mirrors for me (black power fold-away for 84-96 XJ). My phone contact had told me they had one, but Girl #3 informed me that what had been set out was a 97-01 mirror and a manual 84-96 mirror. Evidently my contact had a hard time understanding how to use part numbers. Girl #3 then gave me some options. I chose to have her order me a pair of mirrors directly from Crown who, according to her, are more reliable about matching parts properly than Omix (the mirrors I originally received).

Girl #3 was great. She was knowledgeable, communicated well, treated me with respect, and was very motivated. Girl #2 was unremarkable, Girl #1 didn't do the company any favors by getting involved with me--she was naive, complained, nervous, annoying, and forced herself into business that had nothing to do with her--and if the accusation that Guy-in-the-back is really that irritable/mean is true, then he failed the company today as well--the accusation itself is a nail in the coffin; employees saying something like that to a customer does not make a positive impression. The packaging/shipping room is all I got a good look at, and while the employees were getting their work done well enough, it was pretty disorderly; a little more organization in that area would help them methinks.

My phone contact never did show up while I was there.

mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

They got sold to some Korean company like a year ago and went to **** immediately after. Their prices went way up too which sucks because they had a lot of stock stuff no one else has.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Girl #1 must of been the one I talked with on the phone when my order got messed up some time ago. I refuse to deal with them anymore.

Kind of ironic their name is TEAMcherokee.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Girl #1 was DEFINITELY not a phone-answerer unless she did so without authorization in a similar manner to her horrid attempts at "customer service" with me--she did say that she only shipped stuff and nothing else

Regardless, they need some significant changes from the top down if they want to be truly successful.
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Regardless, they need some significant changes from the top down if they want to be truly successful.
They don't. They have the last real factory supply for a niche market and that's enough to make them money. As a long term investment it's not a good idea.

Unread 12-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
Xride

Why do you need power folding mirrors on an XJ? They are pretty narrow, I would hate to see the places you are trying to jam it into that needs you to fold the mirrors in.
Unread 12-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

The 84-96 XJ mirrors aren't really "folding" in the sense you're thinking. There is a captive spring that pulls them back into place. They're more like "break-away" mirrors in that they'll fold back/forth if hit and spring back instead of just, you know, literally breaking.

Do I REALLY care if they're break-away or not? Not really. I do consider my efforts with my XJ to be in the spirit of restoration, and it did come with break-away mirrors though. Regardless, I've never seen new/reproduction side mirrors for the early XJ in anything BUT break-away. Despite that, I absolutely encourage you to continue fixating on such an insignificant detail.
Unread 12-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride
Why do you need power folding mirrors on an XJ? They are pretty narrow, I would hate to see the places you are trying to jam it into that needs you to fold the mirrors in.
Trails...ripped my flares off going through some places too. I usually take the doors off so I don't have to worry about breaking the mirrors off.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
tehshoemaker
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i ordered new calipers from them 3-4 years ago and they sent me the wrong ones, first and last time i bought stuff from them. its all overpriced and their website is crap
tehshoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #10
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Last edited by Motorcharge; 12-25-2013 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: response to deleted post
Unread 12-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #11
frank_c
1999 TJ Wrangler 

They also run Team Grand Wagoneer. TGW gets mixed reviews on the FSJ forums. I have had good experiences with TGW but lately have bought through them via eBay.
83 Wagoneer
frank_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.