Rustys Offroad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Rustys Offroad

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
copestraight
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Rustys Offroad

Just a heads up to everyone, im not sure if this happens often but it happened to me. On june 29th I ordered a gearing overhaul package, powertrax no slip and a diff cover. The website says allow 10-14 days for shipping which is fine to me so that was what i was expecting...

But now it is Aug 1st, and I still dont have all of my order. The shipping number I was given still has not been activated or sent for my No-slip and diff cover. I have waited over a month for parts that were supposed to be here within 2 weeks. I am quite frustrated and have not gotten much help. I called last week and they told me that my other part of my order would be shipped out before the end of the week, and it still hasnt... I am very frustrated and probably will not order from them again, I have been mislead 3 different times by them. The worst part is that I have been wanting to fix my baby since the beginning of summer. I saved up over a grand to buy all my parts from them and it still isnt here. That is not what i call good customer service. I mean they could have at least told me it was going to be a long time till I get them but the original salesman told me it would take a little over a week to get my parts, wrongo.

Take this as a warning everyone.
Sincerely,
One frustrated jeeper

Unread 08-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I had something like this happen to me when I ordered from them a few years ago. I cancelled my order and it still took forever for me to get my money back. Never again….
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
CJXJMJ

That's a shame to hear (Have no relation to them) but I've ordered a few things from them and they were fine the real deal is if they are coming to a jeep show around your area any time soon they will stick your part on the truck for you so you don't have to pay for shipping and you can just pick it up at the show. I've met Rusty (the owner) a few times and I'm sure if you call and ask for him to talk to or his wife helps out as well I'm sure he'd figure something out for you. Many times he just answers the phone himself when taking orders, if he's not busy with something else. At least he did when I got my steering box stabilizer for my XJ through them.
CJXJMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
XJH-007

So cancel the order and go with someone else?!

Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
No4x4Yet
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJH-007 View Post
So cancel the order and go with someone else?!

This is what I would do. And if you used a CC, if you dont get the money back in a few days you can dispute the charges.
No4x4Yet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
V1GiLaNtE
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yup.. You and most others had to learn the hard way...
V1GiLaNtE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
xj_96_FP

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I was at the pa jeep show a few weeks ago and had ordered shocks from rustys, they brought them to the show and i saved on shipping also. they gave me the wrong size for the rear, they told me when they returned to the shop monday afternoon they would ship out the correct ones and wouldnt charge me shipping (obvioulsy), i also purchased bar pin eliminators which they didnt even charge me for. i had them on my door step thursday. if you are having an issue i would call and speak to rusty himself or zack. they have been more than helpfull everytime ive called.
Are they shipping directly from rustys or are they being shipped from a different distributor?
xj_96_FP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

More than likely the parts you are waiting for are being shipped directly from the manufacturer and rusty has little control over it. Although I do have some complaints with some of the parts I have ordered from them their shipping to me has been faster than anyone else. I have recieved parts in 2 days most often from them and once it took 4 days but that is the longest I have waited with around 12 or 15 orders. I am sure he doesn't stock the no-slips and aftermarket diff covers at all times and drop ships them straight from the manufacturer which always takes longer no matter who you order through.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.