Rust free XJ impossible in Michigan ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Rust free XJ impossible in Michigan ?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
Bam-Bam
2000 WJ 

Rust free XJ impossible in Michigan ?

Hey guy just wondering if any XJ owners in MI have one or have been able to find a rust free or at least lightly (no rot at all!!!) rusted Cherokee, I'm looking to buy a new Jeep and the ones I've seen so far all have one thing in common, the salt up here eats them up. I have my heart set on getting an XJ soon, I want to find a nice one and keep it for my DD and weekend warrior for years to come, I have had two so far and they were older (92) and (89), now I want a newer 97+ but it seems harder to find a good one these days. Just wondering if there is any hope or am I goning to have to buy a welder along with my Jeep lol Thanks!!! PS Pics are good!!!

Unread 07-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Pats94
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I got mine from Texas. Iowa is as bad.
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

It's like finding a needle in a haystack man. If you do find one you'll pay 5-6 grand for it with 150ishin state. Found a few good ones round Grand Rapids when I was living there tho, your best bet would be to take a buss or fly to a southern state if your lookin totally rust free.

They have 4wd and for the winters round here a lot of people think you need the lever shifted back to drive in snow. Just do your self a favor and put on some mud flaps once you get one. The front tires kicking up all the salt from the roads is what does it.

Bust of luck man from one Michigander to another.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Bam-Bam
2000 WJ 

Sorry for posting in the wrong area!!

Good idea on the mud flaps!!

I was looking to only spend around 3k so I guess I'll have to save a bit more or go on a road trip lol I have seen some good ones in places like Texas and Arizona but it's soooo far away, I guess I'll just keep saving and looking around

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.