Rust Bullet - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Rust Bullet

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Maltesian

Rust Bullet

Got a chance to do a little DIY body work over the weekend.

Did 3 coats of Rust Bullet on the inside of the lower part of all the doors and hatch. (as there was surface rust along insides).

Have 0 experience with this stuff and only minor body work experience. After applying that stuff and knowing nothing but following the instructions on the can carefully. All's I can say now is its messy, doesn't not come off your hands, and is expensive. It looks all silvery now but I'm gonna hit it with a light coat of matching color blue to cover it up later this week. It says you don't need to cover it and is not necessary but im gonna do it anyways to just cover it.

It looks nice and thick after 1 day but all's I can think now is how does it hold up?

Basically only prep work I did was hit the rusted areas good with a wire brush on a drill, rough up the non rusted spots with 120 grit paper and wipe it all down clean before applying using just clean spots on rags.

Good or bad, whats your guys experience? (this may have been covered).

I went into it knowing nothing but that its supposedly a rust slower/stopper and followed the instructions on said can and thats it.

Oh and at like $32 for a pint, that aint cheap. Hope its good lol

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsb-rba52/overview/

Just seeing what everyone else take is on Rust Bullet. If it rusts out after 2 months post it here, if it lasted 5 years for you let us know!

Maltesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
Maltesian

Nevermind this. Stupid post. Kinda redundant.
Maltesian is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.