RTI scores... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > RTI scores...

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
tdogg55555
1996 XJ Cherokee 

RTI scores...

I did the RTI ramp for the first time at a local off road event Saturday, scored a 633, is that pretty average for a RE short arm kit? What are some of you guys with long arms getting?

Unread 08-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
wil badger

RTI ramps are over rated.They are good for setting up your junk and to look for any binding that might be happening.As for scores I couldn't tell you what I was scoring in the different phases of my Jeep.Score also depends on what degree ramp you are using.

8" of lift with 35's on a 22° ramp.I could almost max it out.It rolled back slightly when I got out to take the pictures.(sorry for the dark night shots)

Later with 8" of lift 36" tires and rear coil overs.Same ramp but on the 30° side.I could drive over the 22° side.

Then later after some bump stop changes.Different ramp but still 30°.If I were to hit it at a slight angle I think I could have maxed it out.

Unread 08-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
2k1XJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have always wondered what would happen if you drove off the end of the ramp, if yours can, I would love to see a video of you driving over the ramp.

sick rig will
2k1XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

598 front 400 rear damn shackles were acting as sliders

suppose to be a 4 1/2 inch with winch so like 5 5 1/2 lift 2 inch shacke rear rear sway connected front sway bar off umm lil freaky my first time thought i was gonna fall off it 25 degree ramp 25 inches front

next time no rear bar no doors fenders cut even more deflate tires see if i can break 750 time to find a fork lift and practice
Unread 08-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenCorax View Post
598 front 400 rear damn shackles were acting as sliders

suppose to be a 4 1/2 inch with winch so like 5 5 1/2 lift 2 inch shacke rear rear sway connected front sway bar off umm lil freaky my first time thought i was gonna fall off it 25 degree ramp 25 inches front

next time no rear bar no doors fenders cut even more deflate tires see if i can break 750 time to find a fork lift and practice
PUNCTUATION IS YOUR FRIEND!
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
loosenut
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil badger View Post
RTI ramps are over rated.They are good for setting up your junk and to look for any binding that might be happening.As for scores I couldn't tell you what I was scoring in the different phases of my Jeep.Score also depends on what degree ramp you are using.

8" of lift with 35's on a 22° ramp.I could almost max it out.It rolled back slightly when I got out to take the pictures.(sorry for the dark night shots)

Later with 8" of lift 36" tires and rear coil overs.Same ramp but on the 30° side.I could drive over the 22° side.

Then later after some bump stop changes.Different ramp but still 30°.If I were to hit it at a slight angle I think I could have maxed it out.

Sick flex Wil.
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #7
wil badger

Thanks it used to try,not any longer though.
Unread 08-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

30* ramp. No idea what the score was as I didn't bother measuring. Like Wil said, they're mainly just for show-off photos and checking clearances, binding, etc, at full flex.

Same ramp, other side, on a prior trip.

'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.