Rough Country Lifetime Warranty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Rough Country Lifetime Warranty?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
lilseth0014
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Rough Country Lifetime Warranty?

So have had my lift for 5 years. Lower adjustable control arm decided to break. Threads stripped out. Anyways part should be covered under the warranty. Call them up an they say " oh sorry that part was discontinued 4 years ago. We can't warranty that because we can't give you the same part." WTF? i asked to speak with a manager an demanded a part that would do that same job as my old control arm. Its not my fault you discontinued the part. He said all he could do was give me control arm ar cost. which is still 95 bucks. Any way i could get around this. From everything i read they should warranty the product no matter what. It doesn't state anywhere about discontinued parts not being covered. Any input on this matter is greatly appreciated.

lilseth0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Ask for your $$ back
Unread 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
whitexj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You called rough coutry directley correct? I would call again and Direct them to thier warrenty page...

http://www.roughcountry.com/warranty/

There is a guy on NAXJA, Jason he works for rough country, Dont know if hes on here but I bet he could help.

Im feeling hepful tonght....> http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=20493
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

We have a rough country rep in the vendor section. I believe his name is Ryan

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
JrTjK
1985 CJ7 

Was the lifetime warranty stated back when you bought it or was this a more recent policy change? I know most people don't keep all their receipts, but if you still have it, check to see what it states. If not, 5 years is a long time and I'd bet they don't keep records that long so have no proof you bought it new.

It's hard to say something is a manufacturing defect after 5 years of use unless you often checked to make sure everything was torqued to spec.

I'm not trying to say it's your fault, but I can understand why they don't give away sets at someone's word over the phone without you providing more info. Good luck, though.
JrTjK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #6
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Threads stripped out sounds like wear and tear, not defect.

Did you wire wheel the heck out of them and apply lubricant before adjusting? - self induced.
Did you have adequate thread engagement? - self induced.
Did you torque the jam nut and use locktite to hold it fast and prevent wallowing? -self induced.

I would imagine cracked welds would be the only thing they would warranty long term based on the typical use of a lift kit on a jeep. I don't know the details of the RC warranty, but if it isn't a "what ever happens, even if it's from abuse" warranty you're probably stuck. Cost for adjustable arms is not the worst, or move up to a bomb proof warranty type vendor with a reputation for better parts. That's gonna be much more than 95 bucks.

Pro-rated your arms only cost you 19 bucks a year for the use you got out of them. I'll bet you won't wear the next ones out before the body turns to powder.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.