JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   Replacing doors (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/replacing-doors-1510404/)

DNFJ 04-17-2013 05:00 AM

Replacing doors
 
Doors are rusted through on the bottom, (inside and outside, ugh). What should be an expected price to get them for at a JY? Or how much would you offer to pay from a CL part out for doors?

Just trying to get a base line before I start offering people $, as I have no idea how much they should cost per door.

Still a daily driver so tube doors are not in the cards yet, one day.

Project1 04-17-2013 07:01 PM

how high up are they rusted out .. ? Pics .. you maybe be able to cut them and do a rocker replacement ...

DNFJ 04-17-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project1 (Post 15311341)
how high up are they rusted out .. ? Pics .. you maybe be able to cut them and do a rocker replacement ...

Up about an inch and a half on the outsude and up to almost the door panel on the inside.

Motorcharge 04-17-2013 07:13 PM

I think the local JY charges $50 per door. CL I'd offer $50 for a set.

Project1 04-17-2013 07:25 PM

Motorcharge .. you thinking about doing MJ tail gate swap ?? I'm half way done with mine right now.


and DNFJ .. might want to look into rocker replacement where you chop the bottom few inches of your door. Could work out perfect.

DNFJ 04-17-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project1 (Post 15311457)
Motorcharge .. you thinking about doing MJ tail gate swap ?? I'm half way done with mine right now.

and DNFJ .. might want to look into rocker replacement where you chop the bottom few inches of your door. Could work out perfect.

That won't fix the inner side. :(

Project1 04-17-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNFJ (Post 15311518)
That won't fix the inner side. :(

:rolleyes:



well ***** .. I say cut the inside all out :D

DNFJ 04-18-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcharge (Post 15311411)
I think the local JY charges $50 per door. CL I'd offer $50 for a set.

Alright. Gonna call some JYs near me and ask how much per door.

Didn't have any baseline for used ones or anything to figure out what a "good" price is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project1 (Post 15311570)
:rolleyes:



well ***** .. I say cut the inside all out :D

wat...

Can't do that.

DNFJ 04-18-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcharge (Post 15311411)
I think the local JY charges $50 per door. CL I'd offer $50 for a set.

Called my local JY, they charge $50 for a complete door.

There's a guy at a detail shop with 2 rear black doors in his garage that he wants to get rid of. I might off him $75 and explain to him that I can get JY doors for the same price.

Motorcharge 04-18-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNFJ (Post 15313971)
Called my local JY, they charge $50 for a complete door.

There's a guy at a detail shop with 2 rear black doors in his garage that he wants to get rid of. I might off him $75 and explain to him that I can get JY doors for the same price.

Lowball him, worst he can do is say no.

DNFJ 04-18-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcharge (Post 15315064)
Lowball him, worst he can do is say no.

True enough.


Looks like I am going to be able to save my driver side doors however.

Lots of heavy rust/paint removal wheels from advance, aircraft remover, zinc heavy primer some body later, it's looking good.

I will post some pics in my build thread once I get it finished.

bobthecatkiller 04-19-2013 09:56 AM

I paid $20 at my junkyard, but doors were on sale. Usually they are 31.99.
Be prepared to fight the lower hinge bolts.

Motorcharge 04-19-2013 10:31 AM

The lower inside one is always what I have trouble with. Cut the damn hinges before the new doors go on too lol


The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.