Removing side molding - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Removing side molding

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #16
sbxj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

You did a great job on the painting but unfortunately even with a lift all the door flinging motorists will soon expose the white paint.
I know because I painted mine (and bumpers) with SEM Jeep Cherokee Gray and almost every week I come out to a new ding in the molding. I can't imagine how ****ed up my Jeep would look if I had removed the molding.
I hope it goes better for you.

'99 WJ Laredo, 4.0L with HID Retrofit
WJ HID Retrofit Pics
sbxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
konatown69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbxj View Post
You did a great job on the painting but unfortunately even with a lift all the door flinging motorists will soon expose the white paint.
I know because I painted mine (and bumpers) with SEM Jeep Cherokee Gray and almost every week I come out to a new ding in the molding. I can't imagine how ****ed up my Jeep would look if I had removed the molding.
I hope it goes better for you.
Thats why you get/make some sliders that extend out a bit so when people swing their doors, they hit the sliders and not your door

1999 Cherokee Classic, 4.0, AW4, Np242 {HP30 & 8.8 4.56's & locked - build under construction}
konatown69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #18
xjjames1
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone have a Cherokee that has the rear side plastic bumper corners I removed my rear bumper an put on a steal one. I noticed after removing the plastic that there are metal brackets that the plastic slides onto any ideas on easy removal of the metal brackets? I was thinking about drilling the rivets out and hoping the brackets fall off and welding the holes.
xjjames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
konatown69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You're on the right path, that's the easiest way to get 'em off. You might want to think about cutting and folding the corners like this --- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/c...t-way-1007865/

but I bet if you do it right drilling out those rivets and welding up the holes will look good.

1999 Cherokee Classic, 4.0, AW4, Np242 {HP30 & 8.8 4.56's & locked - build under construction}
konatown69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.