Removing side molding - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
sbxj

2001 XJ Cherokee 

You did a great job on the painting but unfortunately even with a lift all the door flinging motorists will soon expose the white paint.
I know because I painted mine (and bumpers) with SEM Jeep Cherokee Gray and almost every week I come out to a new ding in the molding. I can't imagine how ****ed up my Jeep would look if I had removed the molding.
I hope it goes better for you.

'01 XJ 2DR Sport
GoJeep/Howto/BiXenonProjectors/XJ

'99 WJ Laredo, 4.0L with HID Retrofit
WJ HID Retrofit Pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 05-20-2011, 07:31 PM
konatown69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbxj View Post
You did a great job on the painting but unfortunately even with a lift all the door flinging motorists will soon expose the white paint.
I know because I painted mine (and bumpers) with SEM Jeep Cherokee Gray and almost every week I come out to a new ding in the molding. I can't imagine how ****ed up my Jeep would look if I had removed the molding.
I hope it goes better for you.
Thats why you get/make some sliders that extend out a bit so when people swing their doors, they hit the sliders and not your door

1999 Cherokee Classic, 4.0, AW4, Np242 {HP30 & 8.8 4.56's & locked - build under construction}
post #18 of 19 Old 07-08-2013, 07:52 PM
xjjames1
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone have a Cherokee that has the rear side plastic bumper corners I removed my rear bumper an put on a steal one. I noticed after removing the plastic that there are metal brackets that the plastic slides onto any ideas on easy removal of the metal brackets? I was thinking about drilling the rivets out and hoping the brackets fall off and welding the holes.
post #19 of 19 Old 07-09-2013, 06:31 PM
konatown69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You're on the right path, that's the easiest way to get 'em off. You might want to think about cutting and folding the corners like this --- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/c...t-way-1007865/

but I bet if you do it right drilling out those rivets and welding up the holes will look good.

1999 Cherokee Classic, 4.0, AW4, Np242 {HP30 & 8.8 4.56's & locked - build under construction}

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.