The reason why XJ's are better than Wranglers - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The reason why XJ's are better than Wranglers

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #76
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCAT94 View Post
I want to see some one post a pic of a TJ on 37s with highline and 3" of lift. Then a trailer on the back loaded up.
??

That's what hitch carriers are for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskinner View Post
or if the tank ruptured and there was a spark.
Haha, yeah, and if it got struck by lighting! Or hit by a stray incendiary round! Or a tomahawk missile! You never know!

Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #77
DaveXJ4x4
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramann View Post
True, but she'll be bottomless when I'm giving her what for in the back of my cherokee And if it's a better day, the only rug that's in the cherokee will be the floor mats. It's off-topic-but hardwood floors ftw...

I've always liked an old Chevy C-10 that has a hardwood bed, but I've never head of it on a Jeep.
I'm not trying to thread jack, but I would really like to see some pictures of the hardwood floors if you have them. That would be bad a**... and another reason the XJ is awesome!

-Dave

1996 Jeep Cherokee "The White Stallion"
DaveXJ4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #78
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
True, but she'll be bottomless when I'm giving her what for in the back of my cherokee And if it's a better day, the only rug that's in the cherokee will be the floor mats. It's off-topic-but hardwood floors ftw...

hahaha fair enough
BlackhawkJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #79
ep191
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Haha, yeah, and if it got struck by lighting! Or hit by a stray incendiary round! Or a tomahawk missile! You never know!
What is so crazy about there being a spark at the point of the tank rupturing?

For example some idiot rear ends him, blowing the tank and as the bumpers hit/metal flying there is a spark somewhere and it explodes. Sure it's not that likely, but thats not really a chance i would be taking. Spark or no spark, I wouldn't want to be around that thing in a collision
ep191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #80
Jon00XJ

Wow is everyone still argueing about all this. seriously guy I wasnt saying any Jeep wasnt a Jeep. I was just messin around. lol jeez you would think we was on Pirate
Jon00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #81
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7guy View Post
What other convertible with a 6 or 4 cylinder engine, produced in the past 15 years, can a man drive, and not look like a d0uch3bag?
Any Porsche 911 or Bimmer M3 cab... I saw a guy in a new convert. 997 turbo the other day, yeah he was a d0uch3bag alright..
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #82
mgramann
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveXJ4x4 View Post
I've always liked an old Chevy C-10 that has a hardwood bed, but I've never head of it on a Jeep.
I'm not trying to thread jack, but I would really like to see some pictures of the hardwood floors if you have them.

Dave-I think if I posted pics of the "hardwood floors" I am referring too, I would be banned, and sleeping on the couch for awhile.
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #83
DaveXJ4x4
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Dave-I think if I posted pics of the "hardwood floors" I am referring too, I would be banned, and sleeping on the couch for awhile.
LMAO!!!

I thought that might be what you meant, but then I thought about a couple Chevy C-10's I saw with hardwood floor in the bed and started wondering what an XJ would look like with actual hardwood floor. I'm always thinking about the next mod I can do. Actual hardwood floor might look alright in an XJ... I don't want to see pictures anymore though.

-Dave

1996 Jeep Cherokee "The White Stallion"
DaveXJ4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #84
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HevinDester View Post
Any Porsche 911 or Bimmer M3 cab... I saw a guy in a new convert. 997 turbo the other day, yeah he was a d0uch3bag alright..
I said in my original post that some extremely expensive cars are different. That being said, I'd never want an M3 convertible, the car is a total contradiction.

Hey, I'll get a really expensive version of the 3 series that is centered around performance....but I'll get a heavier version with reduced chassis rigidity....so I can feel the wind in my hair....and people can see me easier
That my friend = d0ch3bag
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #85
Dean O
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 472cid View Post
That is best looking xj i have seen in a long time
Thanks!! My son has all but inherited it now that I drive the TJ daily. But I told him not to get the impression that it's HIS!
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #86
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I said in my original post that some extremely expensive cars are different. That being said, I'd never want an M3 convertible, the car is a total contradiction.

Hey, I'll get a really expensive version of the 3 series that is centered around performance....but I'll get a heavier version with reduced chassis rigidity....so I can feel the wind in my hair....and people can see me easier
That my friend = d0ch3bag
Tons of 911s and M3s can be had for much cheaper than many wranglers. Just depends on the year. If I see a guy in a convert 911 I think "alright, I wouldn't really go for the cab version but he's got good taste, he's in a 911. Especially if it's an older air-cooled model. Good man" now if I see some guy in his drop top SLK I think "d0usch3bag". And I'd go for a hardtop M but i wouldn't be too worried about "chassis rigidity". The Deutsch know how to make a car. I think it'd be a fine vehicle handling wise. And little to no difference between the cab and hardtop.

And you're theory about the convertible being a contradiction to the car's performance prowess. I'm guessing you think the Murcielago Roadster is a contradiction? Or how bout the 360 and F430 spyders? The manufacturers stiffen the frame and often times bump horsepower to compensate for extra weight and to help the cars handing characteristics.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #87
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Tons of 911s and M3s can be had for much cheaper than many wranglers. Just depends on the year. If I see a guy in a convert 911 I think "alright, I wouldn't really go for the cab version but he's got good taste, he's in a 911. Especially if it's an older air-cooled model. Good man" now if I see some guy in his drop top SLK I think "d0usch3bag". And I'd go for a hardtop M but i wouldn't be too worried about "chassis rigidity". The Deutsch know how to make a car. I think it'd be a fine vehicle handling wise. And little to no difference between the cab and hardtop.
Air cooled 911s are a few years old at this point, clearly more than 15.

I didn't mean that every single drop-top is d0uche-style, just that most modern ones are. It seems like we totally agree. I didn't mean that it's impossible to name a cool drop-top, just that it's difficult because most of them are marketed towards and produced for women or homosexual men.

The Shelby Cobra is the most masculine convertible ever produced, but until I can afford a kicka$$ replica, my used TJ will be my only drop-top.
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #88
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Air cooled 911s are a few years old at this point, clearly more than 15.

I didn't mean that every single drop-top is d0uche-style, just that most modern ones are. It seems like we totally agree. I didn't mean that it's impossible to name a cool drop-top, just that it's difficult because most of them are marketed towards and produced for women or homosexual men.

The Shelby Cobra is the most masculine convertible ever produced, but until I can afford a kicka$$ replica, my used TJ will be my only drop-top.
Yeah I gotcha. Well the cobra wasn't much of a droptop more of a dedicated roadster lol. And just FYI the last air cooled 911 that came out of Stuttgart was the 993 series in 1997
Unread 07-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #89
pyrotyro
1998 XJ Cherokee 

im a cherokee guy because it holds all of my tools for my thespian troop.

but i perfer my guy in a tj, nothing screams masculine like a hottie driving a rag top on a sunny day!!

OW OW!!

My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/MRpyrotyro
pyrotyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #90
jimG16
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I gotcha. Well the cobra wasn't much of a droptop more of a dedicated roadster lol. And just FYI the last air cooled 911 that came out of Stuttgart was the 993 series in 1997
haha get told cj7guy...
jimG16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.