The reason why XJ's are better than Wranglers - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The reason why XJ's are better than Wranglers

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Reply
Unread 06-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #61
Jon00XJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh View Post
Now, I am a supporter and fan of XJ's (evidence can be found in my profile)...but I am not a fan of this thread.


If I really wanted to pack my TJ full of **** and weight it's *** down then hey, I probably could. Especially if I had a LJ.


Some TJ's ARE more capable than XJ's and vice versa. Get over it.
I was just making this thread for fun didnt men to tick anyone off just a little harmless fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
Here is my girls TJ packed up ready to go camping, and still had seats for 3. Is that good enough?







Do ya think she packed too much stuff?
wow lol can you say dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwood View Post
This sounds like a challenge.

I will take your offer. I require a list of everything you had with you, so I can stuff it into the YJ, and then take a picture.
I had a ruck sack packed with three chairs, a tent, and a cot. Two tiki torches a cooler, 7 or 8 walmart bags of food and random things we needed. a backpack full of clothes. At least 30-40 logs that where at least 5-6 inchs around and a foot long, then we had all of our blankets and pillows and sleeping bags (enough for 4 people) then we still had enough room to sit all 4 of us and bring the dog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
I would rather have a real Jeep with a hitch basket than a glorified station wagon. Also I removed the rear seat of my YJ, rhino lined the whole cab, it can haul 10x more **** than any XJ and is much more trail capable. I would never want a unibody.
This glorified station wagon will follow you anywhere you wanna go
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalenema View Post
If the owner won't let you call it a truck, much less a car, because it's a Jeep..... It's a Jeep.

Let's hate on lesser vehicles. No in-fighting.
x2 didnt mean to start a hate thread. Only picking on TJ's because I swear my buddy will claim his can fly.

Jon00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #62
Jon00XJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
I only kid, truthfully I like Xjs...but to the OP your 28s are rubbing with that load. Jeez put a little wood in the rear and the guy gets all pissy
there 32's btw and they didnt rub my driveway sits at an angle throwing that dillusion
Jon00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #63
-Shoey-
Registered User
2003 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Harrisville, West Virginia
Posts: 1,674
This is gettin intense.
__________________
2003 KJ Limited
USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #64
fla_cracker
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWulf View Post
Propane will only ignite when exposed to a flame. To get a tank to blow, you'd have to expose it to extreme heat


Last time I checked, my propane grill has a very small arching type igniter. Besides the tank doesn't have to BLEVE, just tear, vent or rupture. Food for thought.
__________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
Albert Einstein


Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Fix View Post
"somewhere between really crappy and kind-of-crappy gas mileage."
fla_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #65
ep191
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shoey- View Post
This is gettin intense.
because everyone gets a butt hurt from somebody saying "my xj is way cooler than your tj because i said so"

who the hell cares? go out and wheel and put your money where your mouth is



btw, my post wasn't directed at you Shoey
ep191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #66
-Shoey-
Registered User
2003 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Harrisville, West Virginia
Posts: 1,674
No problemo man, the thing I don't get is the "My Jeep is a real Jeep and yours isn't" crap. Perfect quote above, with the YJ dude. "I'd rather have a real jeep with leafs..." or some crap. That pisses me off lol. They're all real Jeeps, built for a purpose. Some are just built to have more off road prowess that others, and some can be made to have more off road prowess.
__________________
2003 KJ Limited
USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #67
chainerx
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Petoskey, MI
Posts: 595
If how much junk you can carry denotes your rig's overall capability, our stock Suburban takes the cake.
__________________
1990 XJ -Sold
1997 XJ -Sold
1998 XJ -Current DD
chainerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #68
472cid
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean O View Post
That is best looking xj i have seen in a long time
__________________
1997 Jeep Wrangler 5.0 ho gt40p motor w/ e303 cam, ax15 trans. 241j rock trac transfer case from 05 rubicon. 05 front rubicon 44 with yukon chromoly shafts and rear rubicon dana 44 and rubicon rims with 33x11.50x16 mtrs
472cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #69
472cid
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,322
by the way real jeeps have round headlights and you have room to pick up chicks yes but a tj will be the one to get the chick OK not really my wife hates my jeep with a passion because i spend too much money on it but that is what a jeep is Just Empty Every Pocket. Just had to stir the pot and by the way i like the xj not a big fan of square headlighted wranglers though damn yjs but figured i would stir the pot
__________________
1997 Jeep Wrangler 5.0 ho gt40p motor w/ e303 cam, ax15 trans. 241j rock trac transfer case from 05 rubicon. 05 front rubicon 44 with yukon chromoly shafts and rear rubicon dana 44 and rubicon rims with 33x11.50x16 mtrs
472cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #70
mgramann
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,906
My philosophy is each jeep has it's strong and weak points both on and off road. Having owned a TJ-rubicon, 3 liberty's-one sport, one renegade and one crd, a patriot, 2 yj's, and 4 cherokee's, I think I would know

Let's look at cargo and wheelbase.

The TJ has a nice short wheelbase-and is the least likely to get hung up as the wheels are so close together. Cargo is sacrificed-but the top comes down!
The XJ is in the middle regarding wheelbase-and has more cargo-but the top doesn't come off.
The TJ Unlimited can hold cargo, and the top comes off, however, it has the longest wheelbase of these three, so out of the box, it is more likely to get hung up by it's tummy.

I'm tired of people saying that because the top doesn't come off, or it has square headlights, it isn't a jeep. I especially don't understand this coming from the TJ crowd towards YJ's, as YJ's are more closely related to the CJ-which nobody disputes is a jeep.

Ultimately, we are all jeepers-as these are all jeeps! Those who want to dismiss this fact, are not part of jeep thing, and definitely don't understand.
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #71
Walkeraviator
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 214
Yeah, this statement can be extended to those who hate Patriots, Compasses, old Jeepsters etc. The spirit of a jeep is in your ability to go buy a factory direct vehicle and unmodified, take some pretty serious trails.

I knwo we get caught up on...well if i modify this or that it is better than your (insert brand here). The point being that If I wanted the ultimate rig, I wouldnt buy a jeep, i would custom fabricate or have it done for me, and it wouldnt have a jeep part in it.

Jeeps, even teh Patrot FDII, is capable of doing things no other stock vehicle can do in its own class. So stop busting other people balls to make you feel better about what you are rubbing your little peckers against... Be happy in what you bought and let other people enjoy their purchases and stop being so damn elitist...that goes to every TJ, YJ, XJ, MJ, ZJ, WJ, WK, KK, CJ, and so on owners.. you are all guilty...
Walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #72
cj7guy
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,163
I had a 5 speed 2001 XJ for years while I was working for the bank, it worked great, I did some light wheeling, but it was a pretty nice, clean XJ, so I didn't want to mess it up too much.

I just bought a 97 TJ, and there's no comparison. It is slightly less refined than the XJ (I know, that sounds ridiculous, but stay with me) but WAY more fun. I popped the hard-top and doors off of it the first day I had it, and they haven't been back on since.

With very few exceptions, a Jeep is the only way a man can roll with the top down and not feel and/or look girly.

Some modern cars that are extremely expensive are exceptions. Classic sports cars with V8 or larger engines are also manly. Sebrings, Camaros, Mustangs, Solstices and other modern domestic convertibles just don't have it. Maybe a Mustang Cobra with a roll-bar, but the 6cyls scream girly.


What other convertible with a 6 or 4 cylinder engine, produced in the past 15 years, can a man drive, and not look like a d0uch3bag?
__________________
07 JKU - 6spd - LSD rear
cj7guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #73
sskinner
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWulf View Post
Propane will only ignite when exposed to a flame. To get a tank to blow, you'd have to expose it to extreme heat
or if the tank ruptured and there was a spark.
sskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #74
BlackhawkJK
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Airway Heights
Posts: 310
You know why Wranglers will always win......A hot chick is always gonna choose going topless
BlackhawkJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #75
mgramann
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias2k8 View Post
You know why Wranglers will always win......A hot chick is always gonna choose going topless
True, but she'll be bottomless when I'm giving her what for in the back of my cherokee And if it's a better day, the only rug that's in the cherokee will be the floor mats. It's off-topic-but hardwood floors ftw...

Last edited by mgramann; 06-29-2009 at 01:17 PM..
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.