The reason I keep going Rough Country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The reason I keep going Rough Country

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
99XJBeast
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The reason I keep going Rough Country

I recently purchased my fifth lift from them, this time a 6.5inch LONG arm for my new 2000 xj, and as I was installing it yesterday I noticed one of the control arm joints nut wouldn't screw on, tried screwing it into the control arm, no good didn't work. Threads were jacked up, so this put my whole project at a dead stop, now of course I am kinda irritated, so I called up rough country, and tell them about my problem, and weather they sent me a bad one by accident( im sure there busy as hell producing these things), or UPS decided to bang my boxes up a bit, they didn't even ask questions, just overnighted me a new joint and apologized.

That is one of the MAIN reasons I use Rough Country, besides there top notch quality.

Customer service is something that will keep a customer coming back no matter what.

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Rough Country gets a bad name, and I'm not sure why. If I was to run radius arms, I would run theirs. They are way better than that IRO "3 link" trash. I would be willing to say that they have some of the best customer service in the industry.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Rough Country gets a bad name, and I'm not sure why. If I was to run radius arms, I would run theirs. They are way better than that IRO "3 link" trash. I would be willing to say that they have some of the best customer service in the industry.
X2

Ive had great luck with RC (still run a pair of their fixed LCA's), and their service is fantastic. I had their double sheer trackbar on my last '99 and that was the only part Id ever received that I wasnt too pleased with (thinner than OE, play in joint). But for the cost difference, there is a lot of great things they have to offer.

Every manufacturer that is in a realistic ballpark on price will catch **** from people from time to time. Hear it on IRO, RC, later RE stuff, Rusty's (they deserve it most of the time haha), etc. Most of it is bandwagon talk from people with no experience.

Anyhoo, congrats on your new lift! Hope it serves you as well as your past purchases. Post some pics when its on, and may the seized up hardware not be with you!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
EG00TJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I just wrapped my RC long arm install.. I'm very happy with the entire quality and design, it rides amazing. And that's coming from a guy who ran RE on my last 3 xj's ..
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
tonyprestonxj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I have a rough country lift and I have no complaints. Not sure why they get such a bad rep they have quality products
tonyprestonxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

because they REALLY sucked a couple years ago, and people that drop a couple $$$ on parts dont forget quickly. Certainly never forgot the "shocks" I bought from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm happy with my RC parts. The coils ride great and the shackles are stout. A buddy of mine bought a winch from them and the solenoid died. He gave them a call and they said they'd send him a new one. Instead they sent a whole new control box, new cables, and a new wireless remote.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.