rear windows up or down with front doors off? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > rear windows up or down with front doors off?

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-22-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
sfblitz849
1997 XJ Cherokee 

rear windows up or down with front doors off?

last night i made my front doors removable. I don't plan to remove my rear doors.

maybe this is a stupid question, but is there a difference between leaving the rear door windows up or down when the front doors are off? my pass front and rear door windows only work from the driver side switches, so before I pulled the doors off I rolled the back windows down.

just curious as I see a lot of pictures of 4 door xj's with the front doors off and back windows up. does it create less wind turbulance? or is it just a matter of personal preference?

sfblitz849 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfblitz849 View Post
last night i made my front doors removable. I don't plan to remove my rear doors.

maybe this is a stupid question, but is there a difference between leaving the rear door windows up or down when the front doors are off? my pass front and rear door windows only work from the driver side switches, so before I pulled the doors off I rolled the back windows down.

just curious as I see a lot of pictures of 4 door xj's with the front doors off and back windows up. does it create less wind turbulance? or is it just a matter of personal preference?
A difference in what?

If wind turbulence was a concern then the front doors being removed pretty much puts an end to that discussion.

Build Thread WK
Other Build Thread XJ
September 2013/January 2015 COTM
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:01 AM   #3
sfblitz849
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
A difference in what?

If wind turbulence was a concern then the front doors being removed pretty much puts an end to that discussion.
It wasnt a concern at all, i was just curious if there was a difference at all. My thoughts would be less wind with the windows down, as it has a place to escape when it comes in from where the doors were.
Unread Today, 07:14 AM   #4
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfblitz849 View Post

It wasnt a concern at all, i was just curious if there was a difference at all. My thoughts would be less wind with the windows down, as it has a place to escape when it comes in from where the doors were.
Again,, a diiference in what? I don't understand what you're asking.

You are taking your doors off, there will be wind.

Build Thread WK
Other Build Thread XJ
September 2013/January 2015 COTM
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:54 AM   #5
sfblitz849
1997 XJ Cherokee 

For example, in my truck (crew cab) with all four side door windows down and the slider closed there is a lot of wind turbulance and noise. with the slider open, its more of just wind moving through the cab.

I thought the same would go for the jeep, open the back widows and the air from the front has more of a place to go. but was just curious as to why some people where leaving their back windows up when the front doors are off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.