Rear speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Rear speakers

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Rich1911
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Rear speakers

Anybody come up with a fix for the rear roof that I seem to keep blowing no mater what manufacturers or type I install. Have a Sony amp 150W x 4. Installed fronts and rears about 3 years ago. The front are still working fine but I'm on my 4th set of rears. Thinking of relocating them to tailgate but don't know how that will effect the tailgate struts.

Rich1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
PaYankee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know what year you have but in my 99 I shoved some polyfill behind the speakers in the roof. This takes up the space behind the speakers so that there is some resistance to the cone. Also quit turning it up so loud.
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Get louder subs for the rear. I didn't even replace my rear speakers just the ones up front and I'm glad I did, my subs completely destroy any noise that might come out of those speakers. I was thinking of modding them to go into the rear doors like some zjs are setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.