Re-Do Exhaust or Tint? Opinions Wanted - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Re-Do Exhaust or Tint? Opinions Wanted

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Re-Do Exhaust or Tint? Opinions Wanted

So I had my exhaust redone about a year ago and had everything tucked and to my liking and then added a FM Super 10 muffler in the mix, while it sounds good at idle...its gotten kind of annoying. So I was thinking of just getting a Magnaflow muffler and replacing the FM super 10. But I was also thinking of getting my windows tinted...My front 2 windows are not tinted at all and the rest of my windows are tinted but is faded and can basically see everything in the jeep as of now. So with my tax return I want to do one of the 2. Would you guys choose to tint all the windows which would cost about $200 or redo the exhaust which would be $80 for the muffler and about $50-60 to have it welded up.

Go.

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
So I had my exhaust redone about a year ago and had everything tucked and to my liking and then added a FM Super 10 muffler in the mix, while it sounds good at idle...its gotten kind of annoying. So I was thinking of just getting a Magnaflow muffler and replacing the FM super 10. But I was also thinking of getting my windows tinted...My front 2 windows are not tinted at all and the rest of my windows are tinted but is faded and can basically see everything in the jeep as of now. So with my tax return I want to do one of the 2. Would you guys choose to tint all the windows which would cost about $200 or redo the exhaust which would be $80 for the muffler and about $50-60 to have it welded up.

Go.
I would do Window tint. I live in New York and the summers arnt to hot but my center console still feels like it's gonna start on fire in the summer. Window tints are on my list of stuff to do.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
I would do Window tint. I live in New York and the summers arnt to hot but my center console still feels like it's gonna start on fire in the summer. Window tints are on my list of stuff to do.
It doesn't get terribly hot in NC during the summer, just the humidity is bad. Part of me wants to do the window tint, but having a magnaflow would be nice too! I can do one now and one later, but I know that the one I don't do now, will probably never get done.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post

It doesn't get terribly hot in NC during the summer, just the humidity is bad. Part of me wants to do the window tint, but having a magnaflow would be nice too! I can do one now and one later, but I know that the one I don't do now, will probably never get done.
Well muffler prices arnt to bad. I drive without a muffler and I can't hear myself think when I'm on the highway.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I would do tint first, considering you don't really need a muffler since you just replaced it...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.