RC crawlers(xj) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > RC crawlers(xj)

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
mud-dog27

RC crawlers(xj)

so im lookin at buyin a rc crawler and ive found one that i can buy the whole thing ready to go outta the box only thing is i wanna know where i can get a XJ body cause these things are very badass and stupidly real lookin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1acSE...eature=related

89 wagoneer LTD. , 32x11.5R15 wild country RVT, 15x8 AR baja rims , surco safari roofrack w/spare tire kit , cobra 19 DXIII w/ high gear mic. 4' whip on a 3" heavy-duty spring , 4.5" rough country full leaf pack lift kit
My Jeep's Page
mud-dog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
mindless
1996 XJ Cherokee 

there really really expensive i think the full kit is around $2800 and the body is around $300 or so

96 2 door xj 30/8.8 4.88s locked on 35s... lots of body mods from trees
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
vp6799
1996 ZJ 

Those cherokee kits are from scale offroad. They are really expensive. I contacted them about buying a cherokee body for my crawler. The price was $349 just for the body. The kit price is $2315.00 and the RTR price is $2625.00.

Axial makes a sweet crawler as a kit. It's the AX-10. They also make a Ready To Run model. The RTR model has less aluminum parts than the KIT version.

I have an AX-10 myself. I bought the kit version and used my own radio and electronics parts.

Vic
vp6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
mud-dog27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp6799 View Post
Those cherokee kits are from scale offroad. They are really expensive. I contacted them about buying a cherokee body for my crawler. The price was $349 just for the body. The kit price is $2315.00 and the RTR price is $2625.00.

Axial makes a sweet crawler as a kit. It's the AX-10. They also make a Ready To Run model. The RTR model has less aluminum parts than the KIT version.

I have an AX-10 myself. I bought the kit version and used my own radio and electronics parts.

Vic

yea if all goes as planned i should be pickin up an AX10 scorpion by next weekend im just not sure which i want....the RTR is well good to go outta the box the ARTR is better quality and i can get a controler and the needed elec.for bout $150 ....and then theres the KIT but im new and dont wanna spend 4 or 5 hours building the thing bein a newb to this and all....and as for the jeep body that sucks cause i was plannin on buying the ax10 and tossin the body on it but oh well im sure ill find something to satisfy my need
89 wagoneer LTD. , 32x11.5R15 wild country RVT, 15x8 AR baja rims , surco safari roofrack w/spare tire kit , cobra 19 DXIII w/ high gear mic. 4' whip on a 3" heavy-duty spring , 4.5" rough country full leaf pack lift kit
My Jeep's Page
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
vp6799
1996 ZJ 

You can spend some good money on any Rc car. I have an HPI Savage that's got an extended chassis, widened axles and arms, 3 speed tranny, 3hp motor, and a bunch more to it. Last time I added the total, I was up to about $1800 counting the $400 for the truck when it first came out.

Before you purchase it, check out this site: www.rccrawler.com/. It has allot of useful info on the AX-10.

It doesn't matter how new you are to it. If you have the patience and don't mind putting it together, then you will have an awesome rig out of the box if you get the kit. The RTR and ARTR are nice also. They just don't come with the upgraded parts that the KIT version does.

Vic
Unread 07-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
mud-dog27

thanks that site will deffinatly get a good reading but yea im thinking im going with the ARTR just cause its got the alum. upgrades and i like the body more as i wont need to trim as much for flexing and it seems like a decent starting base from what everyone tells me
My Jeep's Page
Unread 07-28-2008, 11:34 PM   #7
vp6799
1996 ZJ 

That's definitely a good choice. Pick yourself up a cheapy radio to use at first. Because you will like it at first, but you will prob like to add either rear steering or a dig set-up to it down the road. Which then you will need a modded radio to use the third channel for the dig system or a radio with a variable third channel to use for rear steering.

I have a JR radio in my ax-10 with rear steering and I love it.

Definitely take a good look at that site. There is allot of very useful info there on the ax-10's.

Vic
Unread 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Dannn
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think the rear wheel steering is legal in any crawling competitions though... Its nice to have when you're messing around hehe.
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
vp6799
1996 ZJ 

No rear wheel steering is not legal in allot of the competitions. But I don't do comps. I just mess around wherever I go to. There also is a group of people that get together for small comps, they allow rear wheel steering.

Rear wheel steering is awesome, but it does get you in trouble sometimes around obstacles.

Vic

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.