rare or common?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > rare or common??

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #16
thedecoy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

oh yeah id like to do that, but have you seen anybody make a fiberglass top like the old blazers/broncos/4runners? i cant find anything, and with all the crazy fabwork people do, im sure someone has done it, but nice xj btw

thedecoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I think all 2 dr owners and most 4dr owners have considered the removable top. I never dove into it due to the fear it wouldn't seal well.
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

It's easier to just take an MJ camper shell and cut it down to length if you want a removable hard top. There was a guy over on Pirate that turned the original roof into a removable hard top, but it took a TON of fabwork and the pics of it are all dead.
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #19
thedecoy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

HA well with the amount of cherokees in general there are, you can have plenty of trial and error, although they are a bit more expensive due to cash for clunkers youd have to have a stack of cash to learn that way. and even if they dont seal correctly you could still turn it into an awesome beater
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #20
thedecoy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

and i feel really dumb for not thinking of the camper shell
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #21
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Since I live in MT, we get our nice days one day at a time. I'd never take it off.
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #22
Mike934

I looked long and hard for my 5 speed. I had very important specs I wanted & wouldn't sacrifice.

4 door, manual everything, 5speed, decent interior. I ended up with a 87, with all matching criteria, paying 1800. For it, pain ****, interior ok, some stains, pukegoat/231, manual everything, clean title, 400 worth of registration/smog or work to smog it. Loved it when I drove it! Picked up a wrangler ax15/231. Swapped to a 242 for the full time for snow driving. The wrangler trans is clocked higher from the factory..common mod for cherokee guys, wranglers trans have it done already. I love this thing, lowest thing below the rail is the high flow cat & crossmember.

I guess my point was all 5 speed seem to be rare out here.. I settled for a o ld pukegoat and swapped a ax15 because I couldn't find a decent 5 speed ho in my price range.
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #23
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I want a black 2-door 99 5speed 4.0 something fierce. I'd probably trade my built XJ for a stock one no joke.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

My story: I got asked to help build a pole barn. The old man we built it for had 16 Chevy trucks which he traded for labor. Aside from the trucks, a '95 2dr sport, 4.0 HO, 5 spd. I worked for him for 1 year and he signed over the Jeep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.