Rare 2000 XJ Option Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Rare 2000 XJ Option Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-03-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Rare 2000 XJ Option Question

Hey Everyone,

I drive what's in my sig (obviously), and am currently looking for a daily driver. I've decided that I want pretty much exactly what's in my sig as my daily driver, only without all of the mods (completely stock DD is my goal).

Now I've come to notice that most 2000 XJ Limiteds don't come with heated seats or dual power seats. Most only have the power driver's seat, some don't even have that.

My goal is to find a completely loaded 2000 XJ Limited, with ALL of the available options offered in 2000. Now what's caught my attention the most is that all of the 2000 XJ Limiteds that I've come across that have dual front power seats, have heated seats, and that any XJ Limiteds with dual front power and heated seats have the upgraded sound system with the OEM tweeters in the doors by the rear-view mirrors.

Now my question is, were these 3 options tied together in some way back in 2000? My XJ has only the power driver seat, no heated seat option, and no tweeters. I haven't been able to find one with a combination of no heated seats and tweeters, so I'm assuming that they're all tied together.

Do any of you guys have any 2000 XJ brochures that describes the options/packages, or have any of you encountered the same thing? I'm just more curious than anything else, in the long run I'd like to keep this as sort of an unmolested "classic".

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
hxcjohnny
2002 WJ 

so you're wanting both powered seats with heat and the infinity sound system? I'm sure that it's out there, just harder to find. My classic came with the upgraded stereo system(which by the way sucks balls) but no power seats.
Unread 09-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I know they're out there, I was just unsure of how that combination of options worked, like if they all came as one large package, or if they were individual options a the original owners added.

I don't care too much for the sound quality, as I have a system in my current rig, I'd just really love to have a completely loaded to the brim late-model XJ Limited.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
blackblazer92
1989 XJ Cherokee 

i know my freind had a selectable rear locker option on his 2001... i would love to find that option
project build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/my-new-cherokee-project-590872/
blackblazer92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
bssmith1220
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackblazer92 View Post
i know my freind had a selectable rear locker option on his 2001... i would love to find that option

never heard of that one
bssmith1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
well it wasnt stock

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #7
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Someone's pulling your leg a bit there

Sounds like you just want a factory loaded one but I' consider just getting what you can and upgrade what you need to.. The heated power seats in my wj sure were comfy

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.