Got all of this rounded out a couple of days ago, just haven't had time to get on here. I tried to take a few more pictures than I did with the 8.8.
Ripped the guts out
Got the new axle painted up with this sweet primer.
I did a CAD-delete and "compound" housing in the HP30. (Meaning that I swapped a few bigger, better parts from the lp30)
Here's how that went:
Tore apart the HP30, removed CAD actuator and collar, as well as the carrier.
I got the seal and block off plate kit from Rusty's, destroyed that seal trying to put it in all sketchy, and went to NAPA and got a new seal. CAREFULLY put that one in and reassembled the carrier.
At this point we tore down the LP30 and replaced a shot u-joint on the passenger shaft, then we installed the LP30 hubs and shafts on the HP30.
We then realized that the calipers on the HP were smaller than on the LP, as well as that the knuckles were 2-piece, so we replaced bad ball joints and swapped the knuckles.
Block off plate
New U and Ball joints
Put on new braided brake lines from IRO
Put on new pads and rotors
And after some wrestling with it, she's in.