rallybro 2001 XJ Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > rallybro 2001 XJ Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 04-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #46
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmhurt
NICE Flex
Thank you!

More fun:
Recently have been experiencing some popping from the front end. This happens over EVERYTHING. Small bumps, stopping, accelerating, turning. I'm surprised it doesn't happen when the jeeps sitting still. But it's starting to become concerning. I've checked my shocks, track bar, control arms, steering box.. And everything's tight! All the searched I've done have said track bar.. But I just put a 10 mil grade 10.9 bolt torqued to 52 lbs, and it has a very very minimal amount of movement when I look at the bar and have a buddy dry steer. Ugh.
Any advice?

rallybro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #47
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Tracked the noise to my drivers LCA. Seems the huge nut is not tightly secured. I'm going to try taking weight off the axle and tightening the nut.
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #48
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well,

I tightened those jam nuts and the sound went away.

On a side note, I was at a friends house helping a friend with his girlyfriends stereo, and I noticed it was a bit of a jeep party.

And I'm almost done with the tool box/ sub box I'm making. Just need to carpet it. Here's it up to this point. It has a 24x22 inch drawer and a 6 x 22 inch cubby hole, and a ported sub box

Unread 04-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #49
XJ99XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

^^^^^^^^^^*^^

that's sweet i want one!
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #50
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ99XJ
^^^^^^^^^^*^^

that's sweet i want one!
Thanks! It should be done tomorrow, but if not then next week. I'll get pictures up
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #51
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

From one 01 Up Country owner to another, NICE RIDE !
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #52
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenez1 View Post
From one 01 Up Country owner to another, NICE RIDE !
Thanks!

It's nice to be getting positive feedback! All my friends around here drive Yotas, and they're not super supportive of the ol' heep. Much appreciated!
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #53
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybro View Post
Well,

I tightened those jam nuts and the sound went away.

On a side note, I was at a friends house helping a friend with his girlyfriends stereo, and I noticed it was a bit of a jeep party.

And I'm almost done with the tool box/ sub box I'm making. Just need to carpet it. Here's it up to this point. It has a 24x22 inch drawer and a 6 x 22 inch cubby hole, and a ported sub box

Holy crap I want that box.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #54
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yea... love the box man
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #55
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Done done.

Unread 04-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #56
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So, I have this idea. And that is to turn the JCR DIY rear bumper into a tire carrier. Mounting the hinge on the back-most face of the bumper and have the arm go over at an upward angle, over the d-ring mounts and then level out with the top part of the bumper. And then put a reinforcing plate on the back side of the hinge and the latch.

What do you guys think?
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #57
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My driver speaker cut out completely a few months back due to a corroded wire, so I ran a new wire through the door to make it work again.

My passenger speaker started doing the same thing, cutting out whenever the door was open, so I took off the passenger kick panel, traced the wire from the speaker back into the cab, and crimped a new length of wire back through the door.

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #58
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome looking jeep man! And love the storage box you made for it! As for the bumper you'll need to post up a pic of your idea, not sure if its just me or what but i can't visualize what you are trying to make. I am guessing a low style tire carrier that covers up the license plate? I plan on either buying or making a C-Rock one, http://c-rok4x4.com/Products-TireCarrier.html, for the bumper I buy or make. Or I will put it up on my roof rack that I am building, who knows. I really like your choice of rear bumper though, same one I want!!
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #59
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee
Awesome looking jeep man! And love the storage box you made for it! As for the bumper you'll need to post up a pic of your idea, not sure if its just me or what but i can't visualize what you are trying to make. I am guessing a low style tire carrier that covers up the license plate? I plan on either buying or making a C-Rock one, http://c-rok4x4.com/Products-TireCarrier.html, for the bumper I buy or make. Or I will put it up on my roof rack that I am building, who knows. I really like your choice of rear bumper though, same one I want!!
I have been talking to the same buddy that is helping with my sliders into replicating this guys front and rear, but modifying the rear because mine isn't cut n folded.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/m...d-pics-848992/
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #60
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybro View Post
I have been talking to the same buddy that is helping with my sliders into replicating this guys front and rear, but modifying the rear because mine isn't cut n folded.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/m...d-pics-848992/
Okay, now I gotcha. Seems like it'll look sweet! Always liked the tire carriers that followed the bumper lines.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.