rallybro 2001 XJ Build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > rallybro 2001 XJ Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #136
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So! Something came back from powder coat looking all spiffy.

rallybro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #137
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #138
PapaPump

leaf sliders?

I'd love to hear back on how those sliders work out for you. I'm on OME medium springs and jks shackles, and speed bumps are a nightmare.

Also, where'd you get 'em coated? Also in Bend. I see you got a JY 8.8...pick-n-pull here sucks for XJs here, don't ya think?
PapaPump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #139
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPump
I'd love to hear back on how those sliders work out for you. I'm on OME medium springs and jks shackles, and speed bumps are a nightmare. Also, where'd you get 'em coated? Also in Bend. I see you got a JY 8.8...pick-n-pull here sucks for XJs here, don't ya think?
I'm really excited to get them installed. I have free time on Friday so I probably will.
I got then powder coated at armadillo for 50 bucks.
And yes, it sucks so bad. I was literally about to walk out of the pick n pull when I noticed that last exploder. And the only XJ's they had were 84-89s that were completely stripped.
Unread 12-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #140
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Been a pretty big and busy week this past week.

Got the sliders installed with few hitches and can say that I thoroughly enjoy them. The rear end handles as well as and is as smooth as the front.
I didn't know going into the install that I would need to trim the bumper, but once I contacted Tim and LII, the rest of the install was pretty easy. I tried to take pictures too..

Don't mind how iffy it looks.. but all in all I had to cut about 1 1/2" in and 4 inches wide into the bumper on both sides as well as having to trim the pinch seam behind the bumper up flush to the frame rail.

Then I found out that with the added gusset that LII added to the sliders (where the logo is) I had to trim the factory gas tank skid as well.

Once that was all cut up, the sliders went up easily and were super easy to mount. It took me a second to figure out that they mounted flush to the frame and the hitch and skid mounted on top. But again thanks to Tim, anything I needed, he helped me with.

Like my parking number..?

Big ole thumbs up with these so far. Still have to do a shake down but.....
My radiator decided to leak from one of the plastic seams, which I later found out is pretty common, and I wanted to replace it with a 3 row aluminum, but with this being my DD I just hit up NAPA and got an OE replacement as well as hoses and what not.

And a little cyber monday gift to myself....
Unread 12-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #141
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

keep us posted on the sliders... love the idea i just see alot of design issues with these.. just seems it would bind really bad. and why isn't anyone else running these? whats going on here, they look sick though.
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #142
webbs54
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Subbed Sweet XJ!!
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #143
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Having a couple annoying issues. #1, I had the ominous cylinder 3 misfire for a while, got the insulator sleeve and it went away. Then I drove to California and under the same situation - driving for 15 or so minutes then restarting it in about 10 - and it felt like it would only run on 3 cylinders for a minute then return to normal. Super annoying. And another - I've been getting a super low idle at times only when I move from a complete stop with a slight tap on the gas, it would bog down to like 250 rpm then come back up.. Uhhh..
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #144
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think there is some strange atmospheric voodoo going on right now, seems almost EVERYONE on JF has had strange mechanical issues to plague their XJ lately, myself included. Good luck tracking it down, Jeep is looking good!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #145
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I think there is some strange atmospheric voodoo going on right now, seems almost EVERYONE on JF has had strange mechanical issues to plague their XJ lately, myself included. Good luck tracking it down, Jeep is looking good!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that either.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #146
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I'm also involved unfortunately...

The sliders look awesome ride/flex better? I'm still undecided if I want the or shackle boxes.

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #147
redXJhorse
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
It's the COTY contest scandal. They've angered the XJ Gods.
redXJhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #148
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes
The sliders look awesome ride/flex better? I'm still undecided if I want the or shackle boxes.
I like them so far. Since I got them installed, all of the snow around here half-melted then froze so everything is ice and I haven't gotten a chance to wheel with them... Buuuut, I did try a flex text on a hill and I was very impressed. I need to bumpstop the front to get an accurate measurement but when the front was jammed into the flare, the rear still had a few inches of slide left. Which, in the same scenario with shackles I would have been pretty close to full droop.

Also, I drove a friends xj last night that's built pretty similarly to mine, except with RC springs instead of RE, and the ride difference was unreal. Mine feels so smooth compared to hers.. Which is probably contributed also to the different springs but sliders do rock so far, I'd say.
Unread 01-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #149
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well this happened.. AGAIN (yay RC):

So fittingly.. this happened:
Unread 02-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #150
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So I used the heat soak misfire issue as an excuse to get Bosch 4-hole injectors and NGK spark plugs

Old

New

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.