Question with a lift and MPG - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Question with a lift and MPG

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Fat Bob's Garage. True 2" spacers with add a leaf. Cheap and would be great for someone wanting just a BB. Ive ran their spacers before with great luck. Bought another set just in case I decide to do 6.5" later haha.

Anyway, 235s and a BB lift will look great. As for mileage, you shouldnt see any real issues from the lift. Keep the tuneup fresh and use conservative driving habits and you will be fine.

July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
Most 2" spacers are NOT 2".

The Cheaper and Better options?

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFX

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=XLK

or

http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1209

The RE kit gives your extra brake lines and new shocks, both not needed at 2".

If your going to spend almost 300 dollars why not fork up a little extra and get OME full packs with coil spacers?
although shocks aren't really needed, they are a really good idea with jeeps this old. btw it would also be a good idea to get new ubolts with that add a leaf.

if you wanna go without shocks, check out fat bobs garage. just make sure you get the long add a leaf. add a leaf's will be a bit more difficult to install than a shackle, but probably more reliable. its up to you.

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #18
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So as previously stated... there are better options.

And im sure he isnt rolling around with the shocks that came off the lot..
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #19
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So as previously stated... there are better options.

And im sure he isnt rolling around with the shocks that came off the lot..
mine was at 180k

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #20
witchdoctor7710
2001 XJ Cherokee 

the shocks i think ar off the lot, the jeep was originally owned by some older guy for about 3 years, then up until i got it this jan. it was moved around from dealer to dealer as a rental
Unread 03-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
witchdoctor7710
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Durt, what did you mean exactly by the long add a leaf kit? because this is what I found from Fat bob's

http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6765326-j...1984-2001.html
Would this be the true 2" kit from Fb's that was stated? I filterd to 01 cherokee, etc, and this is the only 2" BB that i found that included both....oh and what's you opinion on these?
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6808184-j...1984-2001.html
Maily becuase i like the look of wheels being a lil wider, but idk if its legal or not..and ive heard wheel spacers can sometimes put strain on the axle n have it snap, etc.
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #22
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor7710 View Post
Durt, what did you mean exactly by the long add a leaf kit? because this is what I found from Fat bob's

http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6765326-j...1984-2001.html
Would this be the true 2" kit from Fb's that was stated? I filterd to 01 cherokee, etc, and this is the only 2" BB that i found that included both....oh and what's you opinion on these?
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6808184-j...1984-2001.html
Maily becuase i like the look of wheels being a lil wider, but idk if its legal or not..and ive heard wheel spacers can sometimes put strain on the axle n have it snap, etc.
That is the kit Id go with for the money. The add-a-leaf is kinda short in my opinion, but at 2" I dont think you will see any real issues with it, and I would still feel better about that than a shackle on original equipment leaf springs. Shocks will be fine, but you can upgrade for improved ride quality.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 03-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #23
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

With that kit i would select the long leaf option. They wont sag as quick and wont have as harsh of a ride the short AAL would. Just my opinion.
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
With that kit i would select the long leaf option. They wont sag as quick and wont have as harsh of a ride the short AAL would. Just my opinion.
Ah, I was unaware of the long leaf option with Fat Bob's. The longer the add-a-leaf the better, otherwise it will put excessive stress on the leaf pack at each end of the add-a-leaf, doing a similar negative bow shape as the shackles do to some people's leafs. I honestly dont see you having any issues out of the shorter AAL on just 2". You dont strike me as the hardcore wheeler type that flexes out more than Arnold Schwartzenegger in the 80's, so I wouldnt think you would see any issues.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread

Tags
lift , mpg , tires

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.