Project-XJ...My attempt at an XJ build/revival - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project-XJ...My attempt at an XJ build/revival

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #31
BomberJeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Wound up having the alternator sieze up while I was stopped at a light today. Nuked the belt at the same time. I was able to get to the side of the road and replaced the alt and belt in the rain. No pics just a stupid lil update

Unread 04-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #32
BomberJeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got some nice weather here finally. I decided to paint all the trim pieces and buy a new window regulator for the drivers side window so that it would actually work. No pics of the regulator install. Thats straight forward. The painting came out great. I couldnt be happier.

Unread 04-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #33
mnewxcv
2000 XJ Cherokee 

that looks awesome with all the black. im doing black bumpers on mine but now your making me want to do the flares too!
mnewxcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #34
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Got any pics from more of a front angle? Im thinking about painting my flares black too but want to keep my colormatched grille. Looks good man!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #35
BomberJeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewxcv View Post
that looks awesome with all the black. im doing black bumpers on mine but now your making me want to do the flares too!
I originally did just the bumpers a little bit ago to get an idea on what everything would look like. Once I was done the bumpers I knew that I had to paint the rest of the trim. I used duplicolor truck bed coating on all of it. I like it because it isnt as rough as line-x or any other bed liner but it is worlds more forgiving than regular pop can paint. I had some decent scratches on all of it and after sanding them flat the truck bed coating looked nice and even.
Unread 03-21-2014, 01:12 AM   #36
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Love the jeeps brother :-) ... Your tj is nice too ...and the fenders look so much better black
Unread 03-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #37
BomberJeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks. I cant wait to get back and really get busy on it. Not 100% sure on what I want to do but something is gonna happen
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #38
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberJeep View Post
Thanks. I cant wait to get back and really get busy on it. Not 100% sure on what I want to do but something is gonna happen
Lmao ... That is the quoat if my life

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.