Project thread: Zeeps, the almost scrapped 01XJ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 46 Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Btw, just noticed a couple little pieces of 3 wheeled nostalgia in your garage. Ive been wanting to track down an old Honda ATC like what I started riding on and restore it, but I cant keep up with my projects as is.

What kinda decal is that on your fenders? Looks neat.


- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 46 Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
LobstahJeep
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit77 View Post
Can I have the old ones?
Negative. I love those wheels and the tires are practically new. If I could, I would run the Eccos with the new tires, but the backspacing is different, I think. They will be put up in my attic storage. Last time I sold a set of my favorite Jeep wheels, I regretted it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Lift your jeep up on jack stands
2 5/8 bolts and a pipe wrench adjust the drag link sleeve till your wheel is centered.
Profit.
I watched my friend do exactly that on the alignment rack! I now know how to do it myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Btw, just noticed a couple little pieces of 3 wheeled nostalgia in your garage. Ive been wanting to track down an old Honda ATC like what I started riding on and restore it, but I cant keep up with my projects as is.

What kinda decal is that on your fenders? Looks neat.
The decal was an eBay find, I liked the AMC/Jeep logo for old skool goodness!
As for the ATC70, that's for sale, too bad you live so far away! I also have the mid 80's Manco Rustler deathtrap, and an 87 TRX250.


1981 CJ7
2001 XJ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
LobstahJeep is offline  
post #33 of 46 Old 03-18-2013, 04:02 PM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
I used to have an '85 trx250 just like that, I recall it having an odd trailing arm style IFS on it. I learned to ride on '80's era Honda ATV's, always good memories when I see pics of em. One of these days Ill have to track down another just to have.

Id like to put some decal there myself, just dont know what. Really like the idea of incorporating the AMC into it since that is the XJ's origins and all.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #34 of 46 Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
LobstahJeep
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I used to have an '85 trx250 just like that, I recall it having an odd trailing arm style IFS on it. I learned to ride on '80's era Honda ATV's, always good memories when I see pics of em. One of these days Ill have to track down another just to have.

Id like to put some decal there myself, just dont know what. Really like the idea of incorporating the AMC into it since that is the XJ's origins and all.
Exactly why I did that one. Find it on eBay, I think it will look good on your XJ! The other option was a $35 dealer installed "trail rated" badge from the newer Jeeps on the drivers fender.

You should buy this ATC70, I can arrange shipping down to Kentucky...

1981 CJ7
2001 XJ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
LobstahJeep is offline  
post #35 of 46 Old 03-18-2013, 06:34 PM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobstahJeep View Post
Exactly why I did that one. Find it on eBay, I think it will look good on your XJ! The other option was a $35 dealer installed "trail rated" badge from the newer Jeeps on the drivers fender.

You should buy this ATC70, I can arrange shipping down to Kentucky...
Thanks, Ill check that out.

And haha on the ATC. My two main hobbies are Jeeps and guns. There is no money left after that.

Ive still got the ATC110 i started on sitting at my grandfathers barn. Perhaps I can dig it out and restore it one day. But that requires time and I dont have much of that either haha.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #36 of 46 Old 03-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Thanks, Ill check that out.

And haha on the ATC. My two main hobbies are Jeeps and guns. There is no money left after that.

Ive still got the ATC110 i started on sitting at my grandfathers barn. Perhaps I can dig it out and restore it one day. But that requires time and I dont have much of that either haha.
Hell Im broke with jeeps.

Dont add in guns yet.

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #37 of 46 Old 03-19-2013, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
LobstahJeep
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Ive still got the ATC110 i started on sitting at my grandfathers barn. Perhaps I can dig it out and restore it one day. But that requires time and I dont have much of that either haha.
Make time. The 110 is a fun wheeler, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Hell Im broke with jeeps.

Dont add in guns yet.
I know the feeling. I want to get a few guns but the bank account says NO.

1981 CJ7
2001 XJ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
LobstahJeep is offline  
post #38 of 46 Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobstahJeep View Post
Make time. The 110 is a fun wheeler, that's for sure!



I know the feeling. I want to get a few guns but the bank account says NO.
I did the whole guns thing already.
Henry 22 lever
Browning A5 49'er
Mossy 500

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #39 of 46 Old 10-10-2014, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
LobstahJeep
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 625
Added Hella 700's to the front bumper, washed and waxed, rear diff fluid change (stuff was GROSS). Also since last year, new stereo and 4 speakers!






1981 CJ7
2001 XJ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
LobstahJeep is offline  
post #40 of 46 Old 10-10-2014, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
LobstahJeep
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 625
Also (since ATV's and guns were brought up above), I restored the 85 ATC70 last month, and ended up buying a few firearms in March...






1981 CJ7
2001 XJ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
LobstahJeep is offline  
post #41 of 46 Old 10-11-2014, 09:28 AM
WhammyXJ
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Denver
Posts: 215
Great thread!!

======o00o.
/__||_l__l,\___\,___
l_--\__\__l_---[]llllll[]
_(o))_____(o))--o-))
WhammyXJ is offline  
post #42 of 46 Old 10-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Spyder328
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobstahJeep View Post
Added Hella 700's to the front bumper, washed and waxed, rear diff fluid change (stuff was GROSS). Also since last year, new stereo and 4 speakers!





I normally am not a fan of those wheels but they look awesome painted like that Great looking Jeep

2000 WJ Laredo, 255/70R16, 2.5" front and 2" rear BB, 1.25" wheel spacers
Spyder328 is offline  
post #43 of 46 Old 10-11-2014, 05:46 PM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Jeeps, Glocks, M&P's, and minty fresh vintage Honda 3 wheelers. A man after my own heart.

Great looking... well... every ****ing thing.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #44 of 46 Old 10-12-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
LobstahJeep
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhammyXJ View Post
Great thread!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder328 View Post
I normally am not a fan of those wheels but they look awesome painted like that Great looking Jeep
I agree. Not my first choice but I love them. I would LOVE to put these tires on my Eccos, that might happen in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Jeeps, Glocks, M&P's, and minty fresh vintage Honda 3 wheelers. A man after my own heart.

Great looking... well... every ****ing thing.
Thanks! I try to have fun.

Got the lights hooked up today. Holy bright!



1981 CJ7
2001 XJ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
LobstahJeep is offline  
post #45 of 46 Old 12-13-2014, 11:08 PM
mescobedo90
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 34
sweet ride Where did you get your hitch at?
mescobedo90 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome