Project off road! 1 day project! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project off road! 1 day project!

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Empty_Pockets
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Project off road! 1 day project!

Gonna see if I can get this swap done on saturday so this thread will be updated this weeked.....Swapping everything to my super clean 1990 Laredo from the POS 89 Pinoeer. The pioneer is lifted 3.5in spring lift on 31's and locked, had quick discos, control arms, track bar, t-case drop. Swapping the drive train and suspension to the 90 which is bone stock with a blown motor.
All said and done Ill have a lifted locked xj on 31's for around $1000

Project

The donor

Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #2
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that thing really is a POS, good to know the grant steering wheels rust and suck. Good luck! that pioneer is pretty sweet looking.
C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar
Jameslol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
sega2010
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Your Laredo is awesome. To be honest if I had it I would leave it stock for how clean it is. But It's still gonna look great lifted too. Good luck with doing all that in a day. Better wake up real early and expect to be up all night.
sega2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I hope you have 2 lifts, a full shop and overhead cranes if you want to do all that in one day.

And some good friends to help.

But have fun!
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
Empty_Pockets
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameslol View Post
Wow that thing really is a POS, good to know the grant steering wheels rust and suck. Good luck! that pioneer is pretty sweet looking.
The Pinoeer is a Piece but $375 for a motor, lift, tires, and lockers......cant beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2010 View Post
Your Laredo is awesome. To be honest if I had it I would leave it stock for how clean it is. But It's still gonna look great lifted too. Good luck with doing all that in a day. Better wake up real early and expect to be up all night.
I had planned on doing that. I was looking for a motor for it because this one went all out and blew a head gasket, and spun a bearing at the same time when I stumbeled accross this, again couldnt pass it up. The Laredo is retarted clean, only alittle cancer in the pass rocker which I wil be fixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
I hope you have 2 lifts, a full shop and overhead cranes if you want to do all that in one day.

And some good friends to help.

But have fun!
I honestly doubt that Ill ge that far Id be happy with gettin the pioneer stripped and off to the yard. That is my main goal for tomorrow....Dad is getting pissed about all my cars sitting around we have 6......4 of them are mine.....
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.