Project Motorcharge - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project Motorcharge

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #361
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
Who's rig is this?

Unread 03-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #362
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Got a bit more work done today. Finished up the passenger side wheel well and got the drivers side capped with some angle iron. Also go the temporary tail lights wired up (still not sure where I'm going to run the permanent wiring) so I can actually drive it next week when the weather is nice. Only having three hours on Saturday is killing me because setting up and cleaning up eats a lot of that time.

Oh and now you guys can see just how tweaked the tailgate actually is lol

On the plus side my landlord gave me the go ahead to build a 12x16 workshop next to the house I'm renting and I've already got the majority of the material laying around to get it framed up. So I'll actually have somewhere I can get more work done later on this year.
Unread 03-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #363
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Oh and now you guys can see just how tweaked the tailgate actually is lol
for the record, that ain't too bad. i tried to straighten mine a little and now it's coming apart around the edges. i like what you did with the rig.
Nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #364
xjlife101
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
drivers side doors are off. If you do this mod make your life easier and get a bottle jack to lift the doors off once the hinges are cut and get a $15 harbor freight air hammer to knock the bottoms of the hinges off. The rear took me 30 plus minutes to get just the cut hinges off, the front took literally 2 seconds.
I know this is quoted from way back when. But if someone could enlighten me that would be great. Tomorrow I'm planning to get my doors off. Am I wrong to worry about the structural integrity of the jeep without doors on it? Or is it just the hatch that is structural?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

94 motor, 4.5" and 35s
xjlife101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #365
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjlife101 View Post
I know this is quoted from way back when. But if someone could enlighten me that would be great. Tomorrow I'm planning to get my doors off. Am I wrong to worry about the structural integrity of the jeep without doors on it? Or is it just the hatch that is structural?

Don't take this the wrong way, but go make a thread on this or search. This has been discussed a billion times and I don't want a dead horse beating cluttering this thread up.
Unread 03-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #366
xjlife101
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but go make a thread on this or search. This has been discussed a billion times and I don't want a dead horse beating cluttering this thread up.
No problem, you just seem to know everything there is to know, so I figured I'd ask.

94 motor, 4.5" and 35s
xjlife101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 06:43 AM   #367
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Okay - so seeing it in the last couple pics I can tell why you'd mentioned a possible tailgate swap in the future. That one is a little worse for wear.

Are the plans to put a rear window in (lexan/plastic, etc) or leave it open?

And you should cap that rear bumber before it loads up with crap and rust starts ruining your work.........

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #368
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Are the plans to put a rear window in (lexan/plastic, etc) or leave it open?
Gotta go see a guy about a YJ roll bar today. Once I've got something in to reinforce the rear whether it's that or a cage I've got a friend at an auto/boat upholstery shop who's going to make me a soft top at material cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
And you should cap that rear bumper before it loads up with crap and rust starts ruining your work.........
Drivers side is capped. I've been meaning to do the other side for like a year now lol. Really the whole bumper needs to be stripped of paint/bedliner and touched up. The inside of it is bedlined though so rust isn't really a problem.
Unread 03-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #369
blackitout
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Your xj is looking great. I really like the chopped look. Keep up the good work.
blackitout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #370
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Picked up a YJ rollbar and a set of soft full doors today for pretty cheap. Didn't have time to really do anything other than cut it down to about where I want it and cut the back part shorter than I meant too.

It's just sitting in there tied to the C pillar with paracord right now but you all get the idea.

Unread 03-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #371
DunmerBoy
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Picked up a YJ rollbar and a set of soft full doors today for pretty cheap. Didn't have time to really do anything other than cut it down to about where I want it and cut the back part shorter than I meant too. It's just sitting in there tied to the C pillar with paracord right now but you all get the idea.
Oh u see what your plan is now lol that's sweet!
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #372
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Not done but got it partially welded in. Still need to do the back half but I didn't have the time or material to mess with it.

Unread 04-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #373
DunmerBoy
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

That looks sweet! Are you soft topping just that back bit or the whole top?
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #374
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Just the back. I've thought about caging the whole thing and removing the top from the windshield back but it doesn't really work with my cage plans if I want to keep the windshield and I do to keep it street legal.

The blue Jeep in this pic is similar to what I want to do though I do plan on stretching the rear when I go to full width axles.
Unread 05-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #375
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

I haven't done **** the last couple weeks though apparently this is what happens when you're drinking, your uncle is having a stump removed and you're bored waiting for the grill...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.