Project Motorcharge - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project Motorcharge

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #346
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
Because it's sitting exactly how I want it as far as height goes. I don't really care if the leafs are sitting how they are unless they get worse or become a problem. Bastard pack isn't worth the time and effort it takes imo.
X2 what are you gunna do to strengthen the body now?

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #347
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Modified YJ rollbar in the back for now til I can afford a real cage or at least the back section of one for that area. Still need to do 2x6 rockers and frame stiffeners. Short term nothing til I can find a rollbar off a YJ but I also won't do any real wheeling til then either.
Unread 02-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #348
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh cool. That was something I always wondered about cheromanches
- Build Thread -
Unread 03-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #349
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Got the tailgate 90% done and some temporary lights in that I still need to wire up tomorrow so I have this thing if it actually snows Monday. Still gotta go back and attach the check straps and weld the angle iron into the quarter panels and floor more than it is now, but the tailgate is usable, sturdy, and not going anywhere. Kinda ****ed up though and mounted it back further than I should which ****s up my tail light box plans unless I want them sticking out past the rear/tailgate, which I don't. Oh well, **** happens. Now I'll just cover the rest up in sheet metal and flush mount some LED trailer lights in the back and two turns on the side in the actual quarter panel. I'm thinking that's going to end up looking better anyway.

Didn't get as far as I wanted but who ever does? Getting the tailgate in was a bit more work than I thought it was going to be. Lots of BFH work and more cutting out sheet metal in the back.

Also, I don't think I mentioned it but I'm finally moving out of this stupid apartment at the end of this month. Thought I was going to get stuck in the city again but found a cheap tiny house out in the country less than 20 yards from my uncles house (same landlord). Best part is, it's 100 acres and the houses and corn fields only sit on 20 of it. The other 80 is all woods and power line and ATV trails I have unrestricted access to. The little red dot is the house (much bigger than the house actually) and I've got access to everything inside the red lines. Those lines that look like roads are the power line trails.

Unread 03-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #350
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Lucky bastard. . . I need to find me some power line trails around here.

Tailgate might not be quite what you want right now, but it's a start and when all is said and done it'll kick ***. I dig it.
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #351
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

The tailgate is EXACTLY what I want. It's the tail lights I don't like/am not keeping. My only issue with the tailgate is it's beat to hell, but that's not a big deal. I can just swap it with one in better shape later. Took me long enough to find one in general lol
Unread 03-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #352
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Just looked at the pics on my phone, so couldn't see it that great. If you do find a better tailgate hook me up with first dibs on this one.
Unread 03-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #353
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
The tailgate is EXACTLY what I want. It's the tail lights I don't like/am not keeping. My only issue with the tailgate is it's beat to hell, but that's not a big deal. I can just swap it with one in better shape later. Took me long enough to find one in general lol
This is very cool, Motor.

I agree with the tail lights as I see them getting sheared off or crushed - pretty vulnerable as they sit now. Maybe integrate them into the gate - not sure how feasible that would even be.

As far as the condition of the tailgate, looks alright to me from the pics. You plan to Monsta the rig anyway right? What's a few imperfections on a beater gonna hurt?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #354
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good, tailgate is sick!

And good deal on the land access, reminds me of my setup over here. Very handy having access to trails without having to touch pavement to get there.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #355
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
This is very cool, Motor.

I agree with the tail lights as I see them getting sheared off or crushed - pretty vulnerable as they sit now. Maybe integrate them into the gate - not sure how feasible that would even be.

As far as the condition of the tailgate, looks alright to me from the pics. You plan to Monsta the rig anyway right? What's a few imperfections on a beater gonna hurt?
The tailgate is too flattened to bother trying to put lights in. I was shocked the latches even worked when I saw it at the JY. It's a lot more beat up than it looks in the pics.

Probably going with one of these, not sure which yet:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...e-ptf-x56/562/

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...r11/1027/2482/
Unread 03-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #356
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I would definately do the first one
- Build Thread -
Unread 03-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #357
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

I'm leaning more towards the other one actually. Thinking two of them vertically on either side.
Unread 03-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #358
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I like the looks of the first one better.

This is what I have in mine. I picked them up at tractor supply right next to my house.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...l?cm_vc=-10005

Then I picked these up planning on using them as turn signals, but I ended up making the red oval ones my brake and signals all in one, so the small round ones are my reverse lights. I just need to swap them out for ones with clear lenses now.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...er-light-amber
Unread 03-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #359
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

ugh new page
Unread 03-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #360
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Man your tailgate came out good

I really love the tailgates a lot. Mine still is only half done. I didnt finish mine yet, I'll finish it when I finish the cage.

I still have not figured out a lock system I like.

Are you going to raise your gas tank?

I love how your jeeps getting hard core, can't wait till you get your cage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.