Gutted my passenger side wheel well and lower quarters today. Didn't do that stupid lip everyone leaves with the cut and fold either. Took about 5 hours of pretty steady work but it was a lot of trial and error figuring out what I should and shouldn't cut so I think the other side will go quicker next weekend. I'd also never welded sheet metal before so I about an hour of this I spent on cutting out some small squares and welding them together to figure out what I wanted for settings and how easy it is to burn through.
I still need to finish welding it (still have 2 small sections missing) then get some seam sealer on it and at least prime it and I'll be done with this side but I'm pretty happy with it for now. I feel like I need bigger tires now though.
Holy **** it looks like someone turned a rabid beaver loose on your quarter panels !!!
A nation that forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
I actually need to finish that side. There's still a couple small spots that are open and I need to finish welding everything so I can seam seal and it and sand/paint it before the rust gets out of hand. I got stuck working Saturdays til 2 so my shop time is limited to 3 hours on Saturdays now unfortunately and I haven't had the time or money to **** with it due to ****ing with the new truck.
I know someone with an industrial sowing machine so I'm going to do a canvas top for it. Until then I've got the camper shell off my Dakota I sold still. It's the same size as the Comanche beds so I'm hoping I can cut that down to length and run it as a hard top til then.