Project Motorcharge - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project Motorcharge

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 06-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #256
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Haven't been able to do hardly anything to the Jeep (or my bike) the last couple weeks. Picked up a spare passenger seat for now and an XJ soundbar last weekend. Probably gonna rig up the soundbar today, sucks not having full speakers when the doors are off.

Being broke sucks, but on the plus side I'm moving into a new house in August and out of my stupid apartment. Best part is, paved driveway runs into the backyard where there's a big garage behind a 6' privacy fence. Means I can do a lot more work on the Jeep outside of the shop at work on Saturdays so I don't have to try to cram every project into a day.

Unread 06-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #257
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So done any wheeling or just keeping it as a dd right now?

Sent from my xj
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #258
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post

Sent from my xj
I'm pretty sure that his truck is the DD.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #259
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:

Sent from my xj
There's literally nowhere to wheel around here anymore. Everything that was accessible has been shut down, sold off or bulldozed. Even the spot behind my apartment where I've been going for the last 10 years got bulldozed and graded for new houses finally.

There's a bunch of stuff an hour and half or so west of here but I don't really have the time or money to take a trip out there right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
I'm pretty sure that his truck is the DD.
It's supposed to be but I barely ever drive it. I've tried to twice in the last month. Once the other day when it start pouring its *** off and the wiper linkage fell apart inside the cowl before I got out the parking lot and I tried to today since it was so hot out and the blower motor died for the a/c and the rear view mirror fell off.

Something is screwed up inside the steering column too so the backup lights don't work and the turn signals don't half the time. I HATE the truck, it gets horrible gas mileage, **** constantly breaks on it, can't tow anything with it, rides like crap, it's too small for me, ect, ect. I really, really want to get rid of it but I've got my bike and 8.8 in the back of it with nowhere to keep it til I move in August.
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #260
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
There's literally nowhere to wheel around here anymore.
You're closer to the wheeling than I am. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...32386,8.453979

Unread 06-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #261
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
Pfft, only in VA. You're closer to legal wheeling in NC than I am in VA.

Put that piece of **** Dakota up on craigslist this afternoon. Hopefully either new Jeep funds soon or a replacement DD. More than likely the latter and more than likely a late ZJ or WJ. Lots of WJs around here for ~$1000 that need minor motor work that soccer moms think are totaled. Leaning more towards a WJ since they're comfortable and I won't be tempted to wheel one.
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #262
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Pfft, only in VA. You're closer to legal wheeling in NC than I am in VA.
You have a point. But sand wheeling only offers so much of a challenge and Carova is the only reasonable choice to me since they charge for everything from Oregon Inlet south now.

Quote:
Leaning more towards a WJ since they're comfortable and I won't be tempted to wheel one.
Why drive a Jeep if you're not going to wheel it? You could be equally comfortable while spending less money and get far better mileage by getting something else that you can't wheel.
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #263
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
You have a point. But sand wheeling only offers so much of a challenge and Carova is the only reasonable choice to me since they charge for everything from Oregon Inlet south now.
I was thinking uwharrie national forest but it's further than I was thinking.

Quote:
Why drive a Jeep if you're not going to wheel it? You could be equally comfortable while spending less money and get far better mileage by getting something else that you can't wheel.
I don't like driving cars so it's pickup or SUV and anything for a pickup that's going to do what I want it to do isn't going to get good gas mileage. With a 4.0 WJ I can get good gas mileage (for what I want) and I can fix pretty much anything on it and I'm already really familiar with working on a 4.0 motor. I don't like WJs as a Jeep honestly, but they've got a lot of benefits for a DD that I'd want and they've got enough AMC design left in them and leftover parts from XJ and ZJ designs instead of newer Chrysler crap.
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #264
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

lol, yeah, Uwharrie's like 6 hours or better from here. I don't trust my **** box that far.

Offroading is a stupid thing to be into living where we do. Your opportunities to enjoy it are limited and the prospect of breaking something major many hours from home always loom over any occasion.

I wish I could get my fill of it and go back to muscle cars. Hasn't happened yet though.
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #265
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
lol, yeah, Uwharrie's like 6 hours or better from here. I don't trust my **** box that far.

Offroading is a stupid thing to be into living where we do. Your opportunities to enjoy it are limited and the prospect of breaking something major many hours from home always loom over any occasion.

I wish I could get my fill of it and go back to muscle cars. Hasn't happened yet though.
When I was younger there was a lot more places you could go. Even if it wasn't totally legal no one cared as long as you weren't tearing stuff up or dumping trash. I knew a lot of people with private land to wheel on too but most if it's been sold off as people's kids have inherited it and land prices have gone up a ton anywhere near here in the last 10-15 years.
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #266
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108

This x100000
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #267
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'll try and show up from New England.

I <3 rockrash
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #268
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
I'll try and show up from New England.

I <3 rockrash
wat
Unread 07-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #269
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe

This x100000
Come to Crozet. It's not that far.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #270
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to crash the va cherokee meet

I <3 rockrash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.