Project Motorcharge - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project Motorcharge

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 04-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #241
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

man you have killer fab skills .. cant wait till you get your tailgate on.

Unread 04-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #242
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

Well I hope you're patient cuz it'll be a while haha. I've got the tube in storage already, but I want to get my 8.8 finished first. I was gonna finish the welding on it this weekend but I've gotta work so it'll be at least 2 more weeks til it's in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #243
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
The good:
They look badass.
Quietest, smoothest mud tires I've ever ridden on. You'd have no idea they were MTs from just riding on them.

The bad:
Took a ton of wheel weights. A lot of the inside took 8+oz.
Took A LOT of massaging with a BFH inside the wheel wells to not rub on turns. I'd probably have been ok, but it's extremely close at full turn on parts of the wheel well. Definitely going to have to go up an inch before it goes offroad again. They measure 32" but they're a solid 4" larger with the tread than my Uniroyal 32s were.

I've been meaning to do it for a while anyway, but I'm gonna take it into work Saturday and cut the rear quarters flush with the rear door opening and increase the size of the wheel well in the back.

Like those tires - alot!

When you cut your rear quarters - are going to wrap that bumper around underneath the cut? It'd be b@d@ss if you did.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #244
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well I hope you're patient cuz it'll be a while haha. I've got the tube in storage already, but I want to get my 8.8 finished first. I was gonna finish the welding on it this weekend but I've gotta work so it'll be at least 2 more weeks til it's in.

I'm right there with you man ... I have been working like crazy .. the jeep is moving slooooww... I really should get working on it .. but its just maybe 1 day a week right now if I'm lucky ... oh well no rush Its a jeep .. the older it gets the better
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #245
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Your XJ is looking good man, keep up the good work!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #246
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

Thanks. Looking at getting a welder to keep at my uncles house near my apartment so things might start moving a lot quicker than they have been.

Quote:
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #247
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thanks. Looking at getting a welder to keep at my uncles house near my apartment so things might start moving a lot quicker than they have been.
Just having the tools and a place to use them is 75% of it ..

Cant wait man ...
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #248
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

no luck finding a tail gate at a local JY? My buddy called around and found me one in 15 min because he wanted the one I had... I didn't think he would find one.. but they had one. There was another one close to where I live but it would cost a lot to ship it to you :/
Unread 05-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #249
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

I haven't really bothered looking. I haven't really done anything to the Jeep other than drive it some since I picked up my motorcycle.
2013-05-03-17.11.05.jpg  

Quote:
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #250
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Whacha been up to?
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #251
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

This...
2013-05-18-12.05.38.jpg  

Quote:
Unread 05-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #252
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

I've got a guy lined up to bend some tube for me here soon for a rear rollbar so it's getting chopped fairly soon. Still need to finish my 8.8. I've also got some 2x6 laying around to replace the rockers at some point here soon. Bikes just funner to work on, less of a hassle, and doesn't cost nearly as much right now lol

Quote:
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #253
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I've got a guy lined up to bend some tube for me here soon for a rear rollbar so it's getting chopped fairly soon. Still need to finish my 8.8. I've also got some 2x6 laying around to replace the rockers at some point here soon. Bikes much funner to work on, less of a hassle, and doesn't cost nearly as much right now lol
It'll look good chopped. Are you gonna keep the rear open like a bronco or move the hatch foreward?

Sent from the icon of sin.
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #254
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

Open, I hate the closed off chop. It's pointless to me. You lose space and what good ~2' of bed and less room in the cab?

I'm doing the rollbar very similar to a TJ bar so I can use their soundbars and some of the soft tops. Got a local guy we give a lot of business to at work doing a soft top for me and I'm going to get an MJ camper shell and cut it down to length for a hard top for the winter.

Quote:
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #255
Steelo805
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
Open, I hate the closed off chop. It's pointless to me. You lose space and what good ~2' of bed and less room in the cab?

I'm doing the rollbar very similar to a TJ bar so I can use their soundbars and some of the soft tops. Got a local guy we give a lot of business to at work doing a soft top for me and I'm going to get an MJ camper shell and cut it down to length for a hard top for the winter.
This will be epic. Can't wait to see it and maybe/hopefully copy you
Steelo805 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.