Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build! - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #106
roobarb
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I've been meaning to ask you where you bought your lift? I'm on a 3" RC AAL and the ride sucks! Later this year I'm going to go to the same lift and the same size tires that you have so I was wondering where to buy my lift from. Thanks!

roobarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #107
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobarb View Post
I've been meaning to ask you where you bought your lift? I'm on a 3" RC AAL and the ride sucks! Later this year I'm going to go to the same lift and the same size tires that you have so I was wondering where to buy my lift from. Thanks!
I bought the lift kit and the other various hardware, bushings and stock shackles from Quadratec, but I was considering buying it from this place though: http://www.rocky-road.com/xjome.html but I think in the end, it was cheaper by a little bit on Quadratec's website, because sometimes what is included in the kit is different on other websites, like including new U-Bolts and bushings, etc in the kit...
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #108
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Also on Quadratec's website, the lift kit changes prices up and down a little bit every once and a while I have noticed, haha!
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #109
roobarb
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
I bought the lift kit and the other various hardware, bushings and stock shackles from Quadratec, but I was considering buying it from this place though: http://www.rocky-road.com/xjome.html but I think in the end, it was cheaper by a little bit on Quadratec's website, because sometimes what is included in the kit is different on other websites, like including new U-Bolts and bushings, etc in the kit...
Good to hear! Thanks. I love your XJ! I hope the OME stuff is as good as everyone says. I think the RC stuff is for someone who does a lot of offroad driving, thats why its so stiff. I should have done better research when I bought it.
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #110
MCObray

Quote:
Good to hear! Thanks. I love your XJ! I hope the OME stuff is as good as everyone says. I think the RC stuff is for someone who does a lot of offroad driving, thats why its so stiff. I should have done better research when I bought it.
Any one of my future, or current 4x4 vehicle will only get OME suspension. Great great product!

So... KINGSB, when we going to see this pearl go off the paved road?
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #111
roobarb
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
Any one of my future, or current 4x4 vehicle will only get OME suspension. Great great product!

I've been seeing that a lot on this site. I might have to convince the wife that this needs to happen sooner than later!
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #112
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J308 View Post
Clean man. My favorite color XJ, and props on the dd build.

Do us a favor and calculate your MPG!
Thanks man, yeah I have been meaning to find a way to do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J308 View Post
How does it drive on the street? I have about a 20 minute commute one-way on the highway every day, and take the occasional 3hr trip to the coast or to the in-laws. Would you REALLY recommend this lift and tire combo over stock?

Jeep looks great, btw, thanks for posting.
On the street, it drives like a dream... it is a little stiffer than stock though, but like everyone else says it's like the Cadiliac of suspension for 4x4s in ride feel and handling! I do drive on the highway almost everyday and it handles fine with no vibrations, etc for me at higher speeds, but every XJ is different... and yes I would highly recommend the Old Man Emu lift kit package, and BFG tires... the tires are also nice and quiet on the road, but has some serious traction! But like I said earlier, I wanted a more aggressive look over stock, but I wanted to keep the stock handling and feel, and this combo accomplished that, in my opinion! and thanks again!
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #113
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Yeah exactly what he said haha! Ummm x2 on the off pavement driving hahaha! I have some pictures in my driveway lololol!!

Quote:
I've been seeing that a lot on this site. I might have to convince the wife that this needs to happen sooner than later!
Dooo it! and quick haha!
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #114
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

maybe a future jeep will grow up into a rock crawler? if so no ome for you maybe besides shocks.

x2 on getting this thing offroad. needs a scratch or two

March 2012 COTM
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #115
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver

maybe a future jeep will grow up into a rock crawler? if so no ome for you maybe besides shocks.

x2 on getting this thing offroad. needs a scratch or two
Rock crawling does not really peak my interest, although I do want to experience Moab and the Rubicon trail. I'd rather drive over several different terrains, while maintaining on road and off road comfort (if possible). I want to drive, drive, and drive. I want to experience many of the great landscapes that North America offers. An for those several reasons, OME fits the bill for me.

Come on Sam, I'd love to see some of your photography/video displayed with this Jeep offload!
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #116
raypla
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
On the street, it drives like a dream... it is a little stiffer than stock though,

Regarding this, my XJ rides much better w/45+ lbs in the cargo area, I just keep a bin with a tow strap, jumper cables, tie downs and some extra fluids. Not only are you improving your ride substantially your ready for whatever comes your way. Do some research on "breaking in" your leafs, I rode around for a couple months with 150+ lbs back there, flex them out etc.

I was reading through the posts before this one and I saw a couple people mentioning that they hear nothing but good about OME. I explain it like this, while the other companies spec out there kits for "x" amount of lift OME builds there suspension to increase the ride across the Austrailian outback, where you could go days without seeing civilization and if a component of your suspension fails your really SOL.

Good luck and enjoy
99 XJ 4.0 D30 29sp 8.25, IRO TB & HD Tie Rod, Kellys WIP main 5 wires 1AWG http://www.kelleyswip.com/price.html, Banks header, Stainless Magnaflow catback, cat, 2" OME lift, JC1B Leafs, OME sports, JKS discos, 30X9.5X15 BFG AT's, Fastman 62mmTB, Cibie E-codes with 55/60 Osram bulbs, Putco harness=JUNK!!, Alpine 7563 Deck, PWX 10" Cubby, JBL GTI 180.2 400wX1 rms, 6.5 Infinity Perfects , front PWX 6.5, Infinity ref amp 111wX4 rms, Optima Yellow, 100 sqft of http://store.secondskinaudio.com/damplifier/
raypla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #117
nmiller015
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Do you have a brand name or link for the tow hook brackets that your brother installed on his red Cherokee? I came across a weekend mechanic video showing the installation, and would prefer a shackle/d-ring as opposed to a hook. Thanks!
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #118
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller015 View Post
Do you have a brand name or link for the tow hook brackets that your brother installed on his red Cherokee? I came across a weekend mechanic video showing the installation, and would prefer a shackle/d-ring as opposed to a hook. Thanks!
Haha yeah, those videos are still up... I will have to ask him, I thought the company went out of business where he bought them shortly after he bought them. I thought there were similar ones made by another company somewhere....
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #119
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So what did you search on ebay to find those accesories?

"Cherokee mopar accesories?"
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #120
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So I got bored and decided to upload some Winter pictures that I had laying around haha..... I took these with my Canon DSLR camera for fun a while ago!
jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-43.jpg   jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-44.jpg   jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-45.jpg   jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-46.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.