Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #91
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16gsr View Post
sent you a pm.
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
Damn dude those mopar parts are awesome. how hard does the spare sub hit
Yeah, they are pretty cool, well the subwoofer isn't supposed to be anything crazy... It really is just there to add some subtle bass that the speakers don't give, you can really tell the difference with and without the sub. Mainly is just there to fill in the bass haha!

Unread 01-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #92
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

that is pretty sweet set up u got in the back there! im really diggin that mat i like how it has the openings for the hooks!

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #93
Chrisp929
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsb View Post
next is the mopar locking cargo box, this fits into where the rear cubby hole for extra storage:
omg !! So want !!!!
Chrisp929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #94
Chrisp929
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
This is the Chrysler Mopar Spare Tire Subwoofer, I got this as a complete kit including the factory wiring harness (all plug and play) the extension bar and instruction sheet. I decided to also pick up a new matching rim and tire from a member on here to instal it better:
Holy grail of xj factory accessories !!! where can i get one of these ?
Chrisp929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #95
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
that is pretty sweet set up u got in the back there! im really diggin that mat i like how it has the openings for the hooks!
Thanks Spokes! Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool, because it's actually better than the Husky liner mat, because that one doesn't have the cargo hook openings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp929 View Post
omg !! So want !!!!
Thats what a few people have said before to me hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp929 View Post
Holy grail of xj factory accessories !!! where can i get one of these ?
I guess it is, hahaha! Well I got mine off of Ebay about a year ago, like I said before, I just watched one of these sell on Ebay a few days ago.... they rarely show up on there though since they are sooo hard to find! But keep your eyes peeled for them on there!
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #96
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

That thing is sweet. Def keeping that in mind. That would be better my milk crate. I do have a husky liner but its from a grand Cherokee so I have it folded against the back off my seat. But it still works. The carpet in it is to keep stuff from sliding

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #97
bman602

Great build, very similar to what I would like to do with mine. Always nice to see it before hand though. Did your mpg stay reasonable after the tires and the lift? You must be single, there is no way between my dogs and the girl friend I can keep a truck that clean on the inside for more than a day or so .
bman602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #98
nmiller015
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
Hahaha, as you know they are very rare to find, since they are only on any European XJs, but you can buy them new with no switches from Jeeps R Us for $100, I am sure you knew that.... I got mine with all four switches off Ebay, not the American one, the European one and paid ONLY $15.45 for it with FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING from a far away European town! What a deal right? They are rarely posted there, but they do come up there every now and then...

This is the European Ebay link, the only thing is, that you have to translate their currency into American currency obviously, I used Google to translate it for me:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/
So I found the part number of the 4-Switch bezel, and I found an online mopar wholesaler who has it listed for around $23. Think I should pull the trigger? I haven't decided if I want to use the switch mount for an Ext. Idle switch, or for lights.
Unread 01-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #99
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good man. Whatever you do, don't trim the fenders or go with a bigger lift. If you want a good DD, stay with your lift and tires and it'll be perfect. It's a slippery slope once you start doing more extreme suspension mods than you already have.
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #100
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller015 View Post
So I found the part number of the 4-Switch bezel, and I found an online mopar wholesaler who has it listed for around $23. Think I should pull the trigger? I haven't decided if I want to use the switch mount for an Ext. Idle switch, or for lights.
Oh wow, where did you find that place, website?
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #101
b16gsr
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsb

oh wow, where did you find that place, website?
x2.
Unread 01-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #102
JeepNE
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looking great! Youre REALLY making me want an XJ now!!!
JeepNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #103
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

[quote=Spokes;12849342]That thing is sweet. Def keeping that in mind. That would be better my milk crate. I do have a husky liner but its from a grand Cherokee so I have it folded against the back off my seat. But it still works. The carpet in it is to keep stuff from sliding

Yeah, that box can come in handy for throwing straps and tools in! Your cargo area looks pretty clean too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman602 View Post
Great build, very similar to what I would like to do with mine. Always nice to see it before hand though. Did your mpg stay reasonable after the tires and the lift? You must be single, there is no way between my dogs and the girl friend I can keep a truck that clean on the inside for more than a day or so .
Ummm, the MPG went down a little I am pretty sure, but not tooooo much I think haha! Thats pretty funny about keeping it clean lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Looks good man. Whatever you do, don't trim the fenders or go with a bigger lift. If you want a good DD, stay with your lift and tires and it'll be perfect. It's a slippery slope once you start doing more extreme suspension mods than you already have.
Thanks! Yeah I know, thats why I went with the best quality mild lift kit! At the moment, I really don't feel the need to do anything bigger with it......
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #104
J308

Clean man. My favorite color XJ, and props on the dd build.

Do us a favor and calculate your MPG!
J308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #105
J308

How does it drive on the street? I have about a 20 minute commute one-way on the highway every day, and take the occasional 3hr trip to the coast or to the in-laws. Would you REALLY recommend this lift and tire combo over stock?

Jeep looks great, btw, thanks for posting.
J308 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.