Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

I like it . I have a very similar setup (been wheeling it/DDing it for about 4 years now.) It works great

4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #17
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pointOH1998 View Post
I like it . I have a very similar setup (been wheeling it/DDing it for about 4 years now.) It works great
Thanks, nice build yourself by the way!
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #18
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Get it dirty... No, Get it stuck, then take some pictures! Lets see that, not poser shots.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #19
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke94XJ View Post
Get it dirty... No, Get it stuck, then take some pictures! Lets see that, not poser shots.
Well next will have to be sway bar disconnects and rock rails!
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #20
Corcor4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

6in lift not to big and plenty for those trails and it makes one aggressive looking xj
Corcor4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #21
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcor4 View Post
6in lift not to big and plenty for those trails and it makes one aggressive looking xj
haha I know, but I want decent gas mileage that I can live with for college since it is my daily driver!
Unread 08-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #22
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I finally replaced my front window for inspection and gave it a good wax!
Unread 08-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #23
MCObray

Very nice! I have basically the same suspension components, except I have a OME Light Duty Leafs (OME D22XL AAL on the way). Any future plans you got?
Unread 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #24
david92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

idk how the roads are out there in the winter, but here in michigan with the salt and such... rust comes fast, real fast. on a cherokee that clean i would get it undercoated and keep it from rusting because once it starts, it wont take long for the whole underside to be gone.
depending on how much work you are willing to do and money to spend, think about pulling the carpet, and bedline the floors and then lay the carpet back down (if you choose). thats the other thing about cherokees is once the floorpans start rusting.... you can say goodbye to them in a flash
david92xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #25
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wheeling pics?
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #26
b16gsr
1996 XJ Cherokee 

looks awesome, i too have a similar life setup, with a cheaper version

Unread 08-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #27
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
Very nice! I have basically the same suspension components, except I have a OME Light Duty Leafs (OME D22XL AAL on the way). Any future plans you got?
Those light duty leafs should be fine, I just got the medium duty ones because sometimes I haul some heavy stuff in the back and I don't know what other things I will be adding to it in the future! Not to much other plans for the future for the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by david92xj View Post
idk how the roads are out there in the winter, but here in michigan with the salt and such... rust comes fast, real fast. on a cherokee that clean i would get it undercoated and keep it from rusting because once it starts, it wont take long for the whole underside to be gone.
depending on how much work you are willing to do and money to spend, think about pulling the carpet, and bedline the floors and then lay the carpet back down (if you choose). thats the other thing about cherokees is once the floorpans start rusting.... you can say goodbye to them in a flash
Yeah I hear what you are saying, I live in MA so the roads are not as bad as yours in the winter but it does look like it has the factory undercoating underneath, I do want to paint the rest of the underbody component before winter though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookhart63 View Post
Wheeling pics?
Not yet, but then again this Cherokee wont see to much extreme off-roading anyways...

[QUOTE=b16gsr;12107137]looks awesome, i too have a similar life setup, with a cheaper version

Yeah I saw your build before, I wanted the whole OME kit so I know it will ride nice with all the same brand things! Thanks though, yours looks pretty clean too!
Unread 08-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #28
david92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I hear what you are saying, I live in MA so the roads are not as bad as yours in the winter but it does look like it has the factory undercoating underneath, I do want to paint the rest of the underbody component before winter though!

not something you would regret doing either, you could probably get away with the roll on herculiner and just go to town on the rockers, framerails, and the bottom of the floor pans
david92xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #29
Chris4mx
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good. Like the color and wheels.
Chris4mx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #30
b16gsr
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
Yeah I saw your build before, I wanted the whole OME kit so I know it will ride nice with all the same brand things! Thanks though, yours looks pretty clean too!
I too wanted the entire OME package, and may upgrade in the future.

Thank you again, I really like yours as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.