Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build!

1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday Sale

Unread 04-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #136
JC_Sahara

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Def what I plan on doing when I get my XJ!

Unread 04-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #137
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

omg thats a beautiful xj. so jealous
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #138
Maltesian

whats the difference between the light, med and heavy leafs packs for the OME kit.

I like this post, I think I might go this route as well
Maltesian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #139
Maltesian

whats the difference between the light, med and heavy leafs packs for the OME kit.

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #140
RainShadow
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Kingsb --- ome lift

HOWDY: I am getting VERY close to going with 2 1/2 OME lift for 2000 XJ.
I do NOT want to drop my TC or have any vibrations what so ever. Sounds like you did not have to mess with any of that ? Just want to get some more height and have more clearance for my 235/75/16 tires.
Where did you find those heated side mirrors ?? Did not know they had them for the XJs. We did have them on our '99 Grand and really liked them.
How was the installation on those ?
I am looking for a good installation source here in San Diego County for OME lift; but most places want to sell you Rubicon and I want OME.

thanks, Randy from Oceanside
RainShadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #141
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_Sahara View Post
Def what I plan on doing when I get my XJ!
It is well worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
omg thats a beautiful xj. so jealous
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltesian View Post

I was told when looking around the OME kit that if you plan on putting a lot of accessories like upgraded beefier bumpers, winch, air compressor, ect that you should get the heavy duty leaf packs because of the added weight. I decided to go with the medium duty leaf packs, because I am not sure what I might do next with it and wanted a slightly softer ride for on-road driving.

When you get the light duty leaf packs, the ride is softer than the medium duty, and the medium duty is softer than the heavy duty packs. I am not sure by how much of a difference it is, but I thought the medium duty leafs would be best for my daily driver. They are all the same price though.

Thanks, have fun!
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #142
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainShadow View Post
HOWDY: I am getting VERY close to going with 2 1/2 OME lift for 2000 XJ.
I do NOT want to drop my TC or have any vibrations what so ever. Sounds like you did not have to mess with any of that ? Just want to get some more height and have more clearance for my 235/75/16 tires.
Where did you find those heated side mirrors ?? Did not know they had them for the XJs. We did have them on our '99 Grand and really liked them.
How was the installation on those ?
I am looking for a good installation source here in San Diego County for OME lift; but most places want to sell you Rubicon and I want OME.

thanks, Randy from Oceanside
Yeah, I did not instal the included transfer case drop kit that was in the lift kit. and I have had no vibrations that are really noticeable, even at highway speeds.

The heated side view mirrors are actually a factory accessory, that not many Cherokees came with. and they are hard to find, but every now and again they come up for sale on Ebay, for about $25-$30 per mirror. I actually got my pair of heated mirrors for about $25 for both in the Classifieds section on here. So keep an eye out for good deals!

I think they come in handy, the "heat" is turned on by the rear defroster switch and the wiring is already in your door, just like the factory tweeter wires. All you have to do is take the old side mirrors off and attach the new mirrors and plug them into the old connector. The heated mirrors have the extra wire for the heat in the connector that the old non-heated ones didn't have in their connector. Just [I]plug and play...[I] There is like one main bolt and three smaller screws that hold the mirrors in place, after you take the door panel slightly off and the door sail panel. Pretty easy instal!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Unread 04-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #143
Maltesian

I plan on keeping mine pretty much the way it is, no brush guards, racks winches, etc. The most I'll ever put on it load wise would be a few bikes and maybe some light camping gear at best. So I'll prolly end up going with the light duty pack as its pretty much gonna stay the way it is now for a while. What you think? Maybe in the future I could build off it to make it more for wheeling but for now its DD.
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #144
Jeepy84
2001 XJ Cherokee 

We put med. duty leafs on my parent's XJ, it has street rake because they rarely haul more than groceries. Go with the light duty springs if you're in the same situation.
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #145
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltesian View Post
I plan on keeping mine pretty much the way it is, no brush guards, racks winches, etc. The most I'll ever put on it load wise would be a few bikes and maybe some light camping gear at best. So I'll prolly end up going with the light duty pack as its pretty much gonna stay the way it is now for a while. What you think? Maybe in the future I could build off it to make it more for wheeling but for now its DD.
I still think you might want to go with the medium duty leaf packs, like what I have. Mainly because like you said, you don't know what your going to be adding to your XJ in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy84 View Post
We put med. duty leafs on my parent's XJ, it has street rake because they rarely haul more than groceries. Go with the light duty springs if you're in the same situation.
It sounds like he plans on doing some light off-roading though. What ever you decide to do, the ride will still be awesome!
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #146
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So I haven't updated here in a while. Not too much has happened to my XJ. Except, recent'y I had to replace my Upstream O2 sensor, because my check engine light came on and it started to affect my throttle response.

I also had to replace my driver's side front wheel bearing assembly. It started to vibrate a lot and was loose. That took care of a lot of front end noise, now it is queit again haha!

Also, my engine valve cover gasket started to leak pretty bad in the rear of it, when the engine was really hot. So that got replaced as well. We also went ahead and replaced the seal around where the oil filter assembly bolts onto the engine block, because that has been slowly leaking for a while. Apparently these are pretty common problems to occur. I have never seen my Cherokee not leak one drop of oil, and now it doesn't haha!

I will post some pictures on here later of the work done!
Unread 09-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #147
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Pictures...
jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-58.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-59.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-60.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-61.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-62.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-63.jpg

Unread 09-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #148
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have also added some side window deflectors that I had laying around finally!

Also, my water pump decided to let loose and was leaking coolant so I had to replace that. The radiator hose also got replaced, might as well. I was expecting to have to replace this sooner or later because with my mileage, I knew it was an matter of time haha! Good thing I wasn't too far from home!
jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-65.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-66.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-64.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-67.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-68.jpg

jeep-cherokee-build-thread-picture-69.jpg

Unread 09-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #149
MCObray

Sam... Does this thing ever get dirty or took down a trail? I don't think I have ever seen it off pavement, aside from a photo shoot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.