JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/project-jeep-cherokee-daily-driver-build-1253421/)

KINGSB 08-15-2011 08:40 PM

Project: Jeep Cherokee Daily Driver Build!

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! I have been posting on here for a while now and decided that it is time that I finally make an official build thread of my Cherokee! It all started about two years ago when I was endlessly searching for my first vehicle on Craigslist! I was specifically looking for a Jeep Cherokee that I would be able to eventually modify, and after months of searching and looking at a few, I found this one not to far from me in pretty mint condition! So after a couple of years driving it and doing normal maintenance here and there, it finally came time a couple weeks ago to finally lift and put new tires on it! :thumbsup:

Purpose of The Build:
Now the whole purpose of this build is to make my Cherokee a little more capable off-road than stock to do some light off-roading for camping and fun here and there. Also to give it an more aggressive stance/height than stock to fit some bigger cooler looking tires on it! :thumbsup: Since this a daily driver rig that will be driven on the highway for college, etc I wanted it to still ride good and get relatively good gas mileage! :laugh:

Stock Specs:

-1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic
-Factory Gunmetal Pearl Coat (Spotless)
-4.0L
-Automatic
-95,000 Miles when I first got it
-4x4 Command Trac
-Chrysler 8.25 Rear Axel
-Factory Tint
-Infinity Sound System
-Remotes
-Factory Fog Lights
-Ecco Gunmetal Rims and Matching Full Size Spare
-One Owner/ Garaged and Clean Car Fax!

Now lets start this Thread!!! :2thumbsup:

Here are some stock pictures:

KINGSB 08-15-2011 08:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Since this is my daily driver and I wanted better ride quality, there is only one lift kit brand out there that has the best ride quality after reading countless reviews on them, Old Man Emu of course!

I think that with the 2.5 Inch lift kit and 30 inch tires, it is the perfect proportion! :drool:

Current Aftermarket Specs:

-2.5 Inch Medium Load Full Old Man Emu Lift Kit - Includes Shocks, Coil Springs and Leaf Springs, etc!
-30X9.5R15 BF Goodrich All-Terrian T/A KOs - Mounted on the Factory Ecco Gunmetal Rims!
-Curt Tubular Trailer Hitch!
-Factory Mopar Gas Tank Skid Plate!
-More to come!!!

After everything was installed pictures: :2thumbsup:

KINGSB 08-15-2011 08:44 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Some more pictures after the lift! :thumbsup:

cherokeekid58 08-15-2011 08:45 PM

Sweet deal, nice xj. So what are you looking for? Suggestions on lifts? You didn't ask a definitive question lol. You just stated what you want to do with it. So what are ya looking for and we will most certainly help. Oh and welcome to JF

Edit: you posted pictures of the lift as I was typing hahahaha wow I'm tireder than I thought

KINGSB 08-15-2011 08:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some close-up pictures of the finished lift kit! Nice and clean! :2thumbsup:

Had to get some help from the Haynes manual of course haha! :laugh:

shawnconboy 08-15-2011 08:55 PM

clean!

KINGSB 08-15-2011 09:06 PM

After everything was done and installed on the Jeep, it rides like a dream (a lot better than most lifted Cherokees haha) I am extremely satisfied on how everything came out on it, especially the more aggressive looking ride height and those tires are awesome looking! :drool: :drool: :drool: Stay tuned for some more updates on my build! What do you all think? :dunno:

Joshharris98xj 08-15-2011 09:08 PM

It's so good to finally see someone on a 2.5 and 30s like me!!!

KINGSB 08-15-2011 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more cool picture! :D

Kevin108 08-15-2011 09:52 PM

Nice to see another DD build! We're traveling similar build paths, it seems. Have a look through mine if you have time. Link is in my sig.

MagicNelson 08-15-2011 10:49 PM

Wow that is an awesome XJ! Nice and clean!!!

biggn235 08-15-2011 11:34 PM

Looks great, love that color. What's next?

need4speedtonka 08-16-2011 04:45 AM

nice.................

KINGSB 08-16-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeekid58 (Post 12027399)
Sweet deal, nice xj. So what are you looking for? Suggestions on lifts? You didn't ask a definitive question lol. You just stated what you want to do with it. So what are ya looking for and we will most certainly help. Oh and welcome to JF

Edit: you posted pictures of the lift as I was typing hahahaha wow I'm tireder than I thought

Lol, you posted this in the middle of me posting my build! :laugh:

KINGSB 08-16-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnconboy (Post 12027467)
clean!

Thanks man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj (Post 12027549)
It's so good to finally see someone on a 2.5 and 30s like me!!!

Haha, I do think that it is the perfect proportion for a Cherokee to have to give it a more aggressive look!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin108 (Post 12027845)
Nice to see another DD build! We're traveling similar build paths, it seems. Have a look through mine if you have time. Link is in my sig.

Thanks, and I have seen your build thread before, nice job! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicNelson (Post 12028206)
Wow that is an awesome XJ! Nice and clean!!!

Thanks, I try my best to keep it clean!

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggn235 (Post 12028403)
Looks great, love that color. What's next?

I like how the color changes, depending on the brightness outside! Not to much major for the meantime anyways... Little odds and ends here and there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by need4speedtonka (Post 12028749)
nice.................

Thanks!!! :2thumbsup:

The time now is 06:15 AM.