Project high school build! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project high school build!

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #76
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9 View Post
Here's the rest of the pics. Intake manifold was a ***** and was pissing me off so no pics of that but I took intake manifold off separated the exhaust manifold and took coils off and then jumped in the engine bay to remove the head.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
You know the manifolds and head can all be pulled as one piece right?

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #77
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge

You know the manifolds and head can all be pulled as one piece right?
Yea but I didn't feel like unbolting the exhaust collectors and it seems like a better idea to take the manifolds off. I originally was going to try to do it that way.

Unread 01-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #78
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Just way easier to take them off the head onces its out of the Jeep, quicker too if youre like me and have big arms and hands. Weighs a ton as one piece though lol
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #79
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
Just way easier to take them off the head onces its out of the Jeep, quicker too if youre like me and have big arms and hands. Weighs a ton as one piece though lol
Yea I had enough trouble getting just the head out lol

Unread 01-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #80
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok here's some pics with the new front and rear bumper. What would you guys do with the rear part of the rocker? I'm bed lining my rockers and I think going with tj flares. What should I do with that?

image-1503912916.jpg   image-3568357507.jpg   image-2027717583.jpg   image-4236467263.jpg   image-3863985666.jpg  

image-2098189500.jpg   image-3739949284.jpg   image-2540607806.jpg   image-596235516.jpg   image-2549389252.jpg  

image-3940228884.jpg  
Unread 01-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #81
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cut and fold it, i have smashed my lower quarters so much even with them folded in. They would look so wrinkled if i wouldn't have.
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #82
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1
Cut and fold it, i have smashed my lower quarters so much even with them folded in. They would look so wrinkled if i wouldn't have.
You think it would look weird with my bumper though?

Unread 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #83
ScottD16
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I would say cut and fold as well but it may look weird with the rear bumper. Warn makes some diamond plating that fits over your rockers I actually have it on mine, doesn't really help with them getting smashed but I think it looks good and did provide some armor. This was a little while ago, you can see my rear quarter is a little bent up.
[B][U][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Yellow"]JEEP BUILD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] better late than never [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-submarine-build-1359779/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-submarine-build-1359779/[/URL]

I like to do the photography [B][U][SIZE="4"]Flickr[/SIZE][/U][/B]- [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunklewunkle/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunklewunkle/[/URL]

wheeling pictures and other random stuff [SIZE="4"][B][U]Photobucket[/U][/B][/SIZE] [URL="http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac44/scottad16/"]http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac44/scottad16/[/URL]
ScottD16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #84
MikeyJeep7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Ok here's some pics with the new front and rear bumper. What would you guys do with the rear part of the rocker? I'm bed lining my rockers and I think going with tj flares. What should I do with that?

0_0 I'd say put the front bumper back on but to each his own.... Congrats on all the hard work though.
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:26 AM   #85
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyJeep7

0_0 I'd say put the front bumper back on but to each his own.... Congrats on all the hard work though.
Put the front bumper back on? That black one I used to have on? That thing was *** I needed one for a winch

Unread 01-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #86
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD16
I would say cut and fold as well but it may look weird with the rear bumper. Warn makes some diamond plating that fits over your rockers I actually have it on mine, doesn't really help with them getting smashed but I think it looks good and did provide some armor. This was a little while ago, you can see my rear quarter is a little bent up.
I like that. I may just bedline that portion along with the rest and if it gets bent up then ill cut and fold it

Unread 01-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #87
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got some carnage pics. Unfortunately this happened on the road. I was being stupid as **** with some friends and lets just say the end result was a bent rim, broken rim, bent control arm mount, and broken control arm. All I've found so far may be more. It pushed the right wheel way back I'm assuming just because of the control arm. Gonna weld the cracks on control arm for now. I'm cheap. And going to make a new control arm mount. Putting on all new control arm bushings as well gonna put my Mtr on my spare rim that's the same and get a new spare rim

image-135950997.jpg   image-4213373458.jpg   image-2047357675.jpg   image-3805972839.jpg   image-2237579253.jpg  

image-2794107188.jpg   image-1317535354.jpg   image-2289644735.jpg  
Unread 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #88
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just got my tire switched over to my spare rim and balanced it. Started to think about the best way to cut the mount off and make a new one. Realized my control arm is actually aluminum so can't weld it. Gonna order new control arms I guess. Not sure if I should do the mount or pickup a hp Dana 30 from a junkyard and use that. Then I wouldn't need to do balljoints assuming I get one with good balljoints. Any opinions? Has anyone done a control arm mount on the axle?

Unread 01-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #89
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone have any opinions on what control arms work well with a 3 inch lift? I want adjustable

Unread 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #90
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Anyone have any opinions on what control arms work well with a 3 inch lift? I want adjustable

Clayton shorts is what i run and i beat them hard. I will never buy a different pair.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.