Project high school build! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project high school build!

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #61
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so today I'm gonna pull the head of the motor off. Working on cleaning the garage for some room. Haven't had the jeep in my garage yet. I have to take my lawn ornament worthy Cj out of the garage and cover it for space in the garage. Plan is to pull the head and get a junkyard head from a 02 and put it on. If I gain oil pressure then I won't need bearings. I'm thinking I don't need bearings because it had good oil pressure right after I did an oil change so I'm thinking antifreeze thinning out the oil is why I lose pressure and then hopefully with a new head I won't have a oil pressure problem. If I do I think ill throw new bearings in depending on how worn the crank is. Or I may get a high volume oil pump to mask the oil pressure problem if i still have the problem. But needless to say I will be driving my beater pick up truck this week that is most likely no more reliable than my jeep at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 12-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #62
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Kinda had a slow start to pulling the head been busy. I got everything off and out of the way other than the manifolds. The bottom bolts of the intake manifold are a p.i.a. Opened up the valve cover to see what's going on and looked between cylinder 3 and 4 for a crack and couldn't see one. In the pics there's still alot in the way but I have all that off now just need to buy a 13mm 12 point deep socket for the head bolts and finish taking the manifold off.

image-3970171782.jpg   image-3677492188.jpg   image-941746161.jpg   image-4222232843.jpg  
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #63
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so Im ordering a Clearwater head and once I get that on and the jeep is running again I decided to keep my Rc 3" lift and get some adjustable coil spacers for the front and some adjustable shackles for the rear and hopefully be able to get 4.5 of lift. Maybe just grab some 4.5 leafs for the rear and then do the spacers up front. Then in gonna get some 33x14x15 boggers and some black steel rims. Move stock flares up about 2 inches and see what kind of bump stopping I need to do. Then I will just run that for a little bit and I will eventually buy a true 4.5 lift kit

Unread 12-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #64
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just ordered my Clearwater cylinder head! Nice guys over there so hopefully will be a good product. Got head gasket and head bolts with the head. Should come next week

Unread 01-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #65
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

cool, take pics and detailed info on this curious to see how hard its going to be!
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #66
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07
cool, take pics and detailed info on this curious to see how hard its going to be!
I've got pics of removing the head I just need to put the other one on. I'm desperately waiting for this head I cannot wait to get the jeep back on the road. And I have new bumpers coming

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #67
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thing should be running very good once you get it back.
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #68
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07
thing should be running very good once you get it back.
I sure hope so

Unread 01-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #69
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here's the rest of the pics. Intake manifold was a ***** and was pissing me off so no pics of that but I took intake manifold off separated the exhaust manifold and took coils off and then jumped in the engine bay to remove the head.

image-2278116083.jpg   image-3030020148.jpg   image-3270955312.jpg  
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #70
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

So my head didnt come today like I was told it would. F me. Was planning on slapping it on their putting everything together and going on a test drive to the girlfriends tonight. Not anymore. Have hockey tomorrow so can't work on it tomorrow

Unread 01-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #71
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Today my head came! Got it all on and she is running like a dream. After driving a couple days ill let you guys know how things are. Got my new rear bumper in as well! The front is supposed to be coming tomorrow. Thanks Santa!

image-2344189610.jpg   image-604434689.jpg   image-3074248632.jpg   image-3733898015.jpg   image-3826048856.jpg  

image-3975962931.jpg   image-3901687132.jpg   image-2103993445.jpg  
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #72
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so after some driving maybe 200 miles I'm gonna change the oil 1 last time to make sure any remaining antifreeze is out so I have perfectly clean oil and then top of all my fluids and she should be good. Now back to where I was before the head cracked. I NEED balljoints badly so I'm gonna do the balljoints and upper and lower control arm bushings. Hopefully it will drive much nicer. Going to put the new rear bumper on today so pics of that to come

Unread 01-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #73
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday my radiator started leaking. I'm assuming it already had the hole but with the cracked head it never built up enough pressure to leak out the radiator. It was a small leak. But I threw a new radiator on it yesterday and she's good now. Still have some burping to do in the system. I put the new bumper on last night but I need to take the factory hitch off it looks stupid with both. Will take pics of the bumper in a couple minutes but here's the radiator. 94 bucks from napa not to bad

image-2994447249.jpg  
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #74
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ughhhh. So today my oil pressure started getting real low again but I'm not loosing any antifreeze. The bearings must have gotten real bad. I'm gonna try a high pressure oil pump first

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #75
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got my new kreiders kustoms front winch bumper yesterday. Put it on last night but don't have pics of it on yet. Will take pics of it on jeep tonight.

image-2418209015.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.