Project high school build! - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project high school build!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #571
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

I have a Harbor Freight one. The best thing it has ever done is take up space in my shop....
Fill the the tube with sand and it won't kink.

Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #572
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Look up how to fix the HF on Youtube. You can build a cap to hold the tube in the die so it doesn't kink when it's forced out.

I'd look at the Rogue fab benders. They're the cheapest of the good ones at around $300 with one die, but you do have to weld the assembly together.
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #573
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

So I'm thinking about chopping the xj this weekend. I Wana cut from right behind the back seats and back and cut the rear window area off a Comanche and make my jeep like a shortened Comanche. It would look different and I Wana put a Comanche tailgate on the back. It just sucks cuz it's cold now and I would need to finish quick and I don't Wana rush and make it look stupid. You guys like the idea? Also in the back area I would plate the sides and probably put a toolbox that fits good in there. Or a spare tire if it will fit.
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #574
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
So I'm thinking about chopping the xj this weekend. I Wana cut from right behind the back seats and back and cut the rear window area off a Comanche and make my jeep like a shortened Comanche. It would look different and I Wana put a Comanche tailgate on the back. It just sucks cuz it's cold now and I would need to finish quick and I don't Wana rush and make it look stupid. You guys like the idea? Also in the back area I would plate the sides and probably put a toolbox that fits good in there. Or a spare tire if it will fit.
Do it! But there is no way you can do it do it "quick"...I wanna chop mine eventually
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #575
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post

Do it! But there is no way you can do it do it "quick"...I wanna chop mine eventually
Yea I actually decided to wait until I have time to do it right. I need rear leaf springs and a new electric fan. And I need to cut and fold my rear quarters. And trim up the rear tj flares. And bumpstop the rear. All that's on the list before the chop. Trying to get my gf to get me a synthetic winch line for christmas. Parents getting me tires for christmas. Should have some updates soon.
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #576
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Don't. You'll regret it. I promise. It wouldn't be different cause piles of people do it. You will HAVE to cage it, no questions asked. And you'll never be happy with it because you'll lose comfort and it will be a ***** to get air right again.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #577
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Don't. You'll regret it. I promise. It wouldn't be different cause piles of people do it. You will HAVE to cage it, no questions asked. And you'll never be happy with it because you'll lose comfort and it will be a ***** to get air right again.
Get air right as in sealing the back? I figured I'd have to structure it better like with a cage or something. And as for the comfort it would be less comfort for passengers but not me haha. Idk I am re thinking it though because it's a lot of work and it's really only for looks
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #578
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got some s 10 leafs today for bastard packs. Gonna use the full s 10 leaf with my xj main leafs. Using the overload leaf on the s 10 pack too. Hopefully it will sit level. And hopefully they are stiff enough to stop my axle wrap. Don't really wana build build a ladder bar. I blew another ujoint last night tho trying to **** with a tj and start a jeep race lol. It broke but was still connected so I managed to limp to my hockey game, Napa for a ujoint, and my girl friends to do the ujoint. I was surprised I made it.
Unread 11-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #579
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got the rear springs done. Sits nice and level now. Still have a little axle wrap so I'm gonna get some metal and build a ladder bar after I get some cash. I'm getting a 98 4 door 4.0 auto tomorrow or Saturday for 400 bucks. Gonna sell as much parts as I can then wheel the piss out of it. Not putting any money into it just gonna wheel it and scrap it when it wont wheel no more. Lol. Anyone needs and parts from a 97+ let me know. Body isn't too good. It was rolled lol. Other than that interior and all is good. I'm keeping the block of the 4.0 and I'll keep the transmission but other than that I'll sell anything else.
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #580
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Tail lights?
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #581
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Tail lights?
10 bucks for both
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #582
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

10 bucks for both
Non exploded?
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #583
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Non exploded?
They aren't yet so I'll take them off before I wheel it lol
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #584
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Non exploded?
Just kidding. I thought they were good but just looked at a pic and they are toast. Lol
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #585
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Just kidding. I thought they were good but just looked at a pic and they are toast. Lol
Ok man sorry to here rhat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.