Project high school build! - Page 37 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project high school build!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #541
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive

You say 44s have bearing problems(which they don't) yet suggest an 8.25? ( which are constantly burning through pinion bearings) Even the 29 spline shafts are still in the same region as a d35, and the aftermarket support is nothing compared to a 44. The 44 is stronger than a 8.25 hands down.
I'm just going off what I have seen in ct wheeling.
I have seen more wheel bearing issues on the Dana 44s than 8.25 I've also seen a Dana 44 just crack at the wheel bearing. And I'd disagree on the similar to a Dana 35. Side by side the Dana 35 shafts are a lot smaller

I <3 rockrash

Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #542
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Honestly if I could re do it I would go with an 8.8 rear and build up my 30 and roll with some 35s. But whenever I finally get my shi t right it should be worth it
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #543
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post

I'm just going off what I have seen in ct wheeling.
I have seen more wheel bearing issues on the Dana 44s than 8.25 I've also seen a Dana 44 just crack at the wheel bearing. And I'd disagree on the similar to a Dana 35. Side by side the Dana 35 shafts are a lot smaller

I <3 rockrash
8.25 shafts neck down to 1.15, d35 neck down to 1.12
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #544
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This week im gonna build a track bar. Ive determined the body is moving on the axle and its not bump steer. Still have 5/8" heims that ill use. Im so happy I left the frame side trackbar mount on. Gonna weld a tab on the inner c of the axle to mount it on the axle. Hopefully ill be done soon with that and can finally drive the jeep. I re did some stuff on the front end. I re mounted the steering stabalizer with some actual mounts and I welded supports between the shackles. The welded supports improved the handling so much.
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #545
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9 View Post
This week im gonna build a track bar. Ive determined the body is moving on the axle and its not bump steer. Still have 5/8" heims that ill use. Im so happy I left the frame side trackbar mount on. Gonna weld a tab on the inner c of the axle to mount it on the axle. Hopefully ill be done soon with that and can finally drive the jeep. I re did some stuff on the front end. I re mounted the steering stabalizer with some actual mounts and I welded supports between the shackles. The welded supports improved the handling so much.
Make it flat as possible
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #546
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive View Post

Make it flat as possible
I got it really close to the same angle as the draglink and its about 2 inches shorter than the draglink. The jeep drives great now I just need to balance my wheels and I broke a ujoint yesterday from idk??? So ill put a new ujoint in tonight
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #547
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry its been a while since last update. Put about 2000 miles on the jeep since the leaf spring swap and I love it. I think it handles bumps better than before the axle swap. My 37s are so bad I cant balance them. I want to get some new old style mtrs because they are so light but they suck in mud. I want the lightest set of easy to balance good in mud tires I can get in 37x12.50x17. Maybe a 36" irok. Any suggestions?
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #548
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Glad you got it all figured out. It looks good
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #549
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN View Post
Glad you got it all figured out. It looks good
Thanks! Now I just need a traction bar in the rear and a front driveshaft. I have the driveshaft I just need to put it on. Im broke as a joke right now so traction bar can wait im just babying the skinny pedal for now
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #550
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Sorry its been a while since last update. Put about 2000 miles on the jeep since the leaf spring swap and I love it. I think it handles bumps better than before the axle swap. My 37s are so bad I cant balance them. I want to get some new old style mtrs because they are so light but they suck in mud. I want the lightest set of easy to balance good in mud tires I can get in 37x12.50x17. Maybe a 36" irok. Any suggestions?
Probably feels like driving a mini van with the 3.55s huh, looking good though not many people follow through.
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #551
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post

Probably feels like driving a mini van with the 3.55s huh, looking good though not many people follow through.
Its 4.10s. Ford axles remember? Still sucks though. Thats why I wana get some light tires to make it a little more peppy.
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #552
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9

Its 4.10s. Ford axles remember? Still sucks though. Thats why I wana get some light tires to make it a little more peppy.
Ahh I was mistaken. If you don't like the fenders you can weld, pick up some tube throw together something and ditch the fenders. That's what I'm in the middle of. It's a slow coming. Where do you pick up your tube?
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #553
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post

Ahh I was mistaken. If you don't like the fenders you can weld, pick up some tube throw together something and ditch the fenders. That's what I'm in the middle of. It's a slow coming. Where do you pick up your tube?
Dude I want tube flares so bad! I get it at a place called posner industries like 30 min from my house. They only sell it in like 44 feet sections so I have alot of extra. I want to buy a sheet of 3/16 and cut to fit my rear from the back doors back to the tailights like corner guards and then weld some tube one and build tube fenders off that but **** thatd be alot of work. If I had a tube bender id already be working on a full exo with tube flares buttttttttttttt, I dont. Lol
Unread 11-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #554
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Let's get some more pics of your rig!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #555
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Let's get some more pics of your rig!
Soon! I need to get some pics wheelin. I havent been aloud to do much lately. Ive been arrested 2 times in the last month and im on my 4th ticket in the 1st year of having my license so my parents are not happy to say the least. Im getting my **** together though because they threatened to sell the jeep and I cant let that happen lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.