Project high school build! - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #346 of 639 Old 06-30-2013, 10:40 PM
MOBBiN
Mall Crawler Level 3
 
MOBBiN's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palmer
Posts: 1,202
Looks good! Glad your making progress


2001 Silverstone Metallic Classic XJ
Build Thread
April 2014 & 2015 COTM
MOBBiN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #347 of 639 Old 07-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Axle just sitting there right now. But the coil/link mounts are tacked in place. I don't know how to figure out where to put the unibody control arm mounts. Anybody have advice?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Looking forward to more pics
Joshharris98xj is offline  
post #348 of 639 Old 07-01-2013, 05:10 AM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Axle just sitting there right now. But the coil/link mounts are tacked in place. I don't know how to figure out where to put the unibody control arm mounts. Anybody have advice?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Build a crossmember

I <3 rockrash

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #349 of 639 Old 07-01-2013, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95

Build a crossmember

I <3 rockrash
Yea I'm going to but I mean I don't know how to know where in the crossmember to put them

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #350 of 639 Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 AM
ghrillz
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9

Yea I'm going to but I mean I don't know how to know where in the crossmember to put them

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Most run parallel with frame rails
ghrillz is offline  
post #351 of 639 Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrillz

Most run parallel with frame rails
I have 10 degree axle mounts so I figure I need 10 degrees up top to I just don't know how far in that will put me.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #352 of 639 Old 07-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9

I have 10 degree axle mounts so I figure I need 10 degrees up top to I just don't know how far in that will put me.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Don't worry to much the track bar will hold it in place, and the Hiems will take up some of the slop

I <3 rockrash

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #353 of 639 Old 07-03-2013, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
Sorry I have no pics but I did finish the 2 lower arms and have the springs sitting on the coil buckets and the jeep on its weight. I need a 3rd link before I can put the wheels on because the axles on stands right now. So here's my dilemna. I really don't have room for a true 3rd link from the frame. I'm thinking about making a radius arm on the passenger side until I can come up with something better. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #354 of 639 Old 07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Sorry I have no pics but I did finish the 2 lower arms and have the springs sitting on the coil buckets and the jeep on its weight. I need a 3rd link before I can put the wheels on because the axles on stands right now. So here's my dilemna. I really don't have room for a true 3rd link from the frame. I'm thinking about making a radius arm on the passenger side until I can come up with something better. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I'd rock that all day every day

I <3 rockrash

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #355 of 639 Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95

I'd rock that all day every day

I <3 rockrash
Well I might do it because its easy And I need to be able to drive the xj. My beaters tranny took a dump on me today while I was drifting lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #356 of 639 Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9

Well I might do it because its easy And I need to be able to drive the xj. My beaters tranny took a dump on me today while I was drifting lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Pics of beater? And a frickin pic of the jeep.
Joshharris98xj is offline  
post #357 of 639 Old 07-04-2013, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

Pics of beater? And a frickin pic of the jeep.
It's nothing worth a picture. Just a beat to hell 1993 gmc Sierra. And I'll take some pics today for you guys

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #358 of 639 Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9

It's nothing worth a picture. Just a beat to hell 1993 gmc Sierra. And I'll take some pics today for you guys

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I drive a 94 regularly I love that thing haha
Joshharris98xj is offline  
post #359 of 639 Old 07-06-2013, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

I drive a 94 regularly I love that thing haha
I love mine because it was a tank up to this point and I didn't care about it so I didn't get mad if anything happened to it lol. My favorite vehicle of mine as far as reliability was my 88 f150. That thing was ****ing great. Got it for free in good running order and never had to fix a thing on it for 2 years. It was a straight 6 with a t18 with a granny low first gear. That thing would spin as long as you could hold the pedal in first gear. Slow as dick in any other gear. I jumped it so hard I cracked the windshield landing it. Used to race it on Dirtbike tracks and ball through power lines. I miss that thing. But back to my jeep I'm going to put the 3rd link on today after I figure out how and where to mount it or do a radius arm.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #360 of 639 Old 07-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9

I love mine because it was a tank up to this point and I didn't care about it so I didn't get mad if anything happened to it lol. My favorite vehicle of mine as far as reliability was my 88 f150. That thing was ****ing great. Got it for free in good running order and never had to fix a thing on it for 2 years. It was a straight 6 with a t18 with a granny low first gear. That thing would spin as long as you could hold the pedal in first gear. Slow as dick in any other gear. I jumped it so hard I cracked the windshield landing it. Used to race it on Dirtbike tracks and ball through power lines. I miss that thing. But back to my jeep I'm going to put the 3rd link on today after I figure out how and where to mount it or do a radius arm.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Have a buddy that's had about 5 cars including a 2000 mustang GT, he got a 95 f150 about a year ago(was supposed to be temporary) and still has it. We raise hell in that thing it's slightly beat up 5 speed I6 250k on the clock still running strong.
Joshharris98xj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome