Project high school build! - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project high school build!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #241
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1
Man that looks really good.

Im about to do a bit of mine this weekend .. im going the same. Im just doing the whole back hatch this weekended. Did you do the hood?
I need to do my hatch, and no I'm still debating the hood. I'm getting hood vents so I may just leave it silver and let the black hood vents accent the hood. When I swap axles and wheels I'm getting h2 wheels and idk if I want to leave them aluminum or paint them black? What you think?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #242
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9 View Post
I need to do my hatch, and no I'm still debating the hood. I'm getting hood vents so I may just leave it silver and let the black hood vents accent the hood. When I swap axles and wheels I'm getting h2 wheels and idk if I want to leave them aluminum or paint them black? What you think?

Well .. black would sweet for sure... but sliver is good too.

Have you see the antifreeze green trailworthy fab rims ... you should look at those before you get anything ..

Thats a good place to get rims & 37's
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #243
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Well .. black would sweet for sure... but sliver is good too.

Have you see the antifreeze green trailworthy fab rims ... you should look at those before you get anything ..

Thats a good place to get rims & 37's
I have seen them in pics before. They are pretty sweet but I'm sticking to cheap rims I can get at a junkyard like h2 rims lol. That's if I go 1 ton.

Unread 04-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #244
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was supposed to make 300 bucks this weekend which would put me where I need to be in order to buy axles but the parts I ordered to work on my dads truck for him were the wrong thing so I couldn't do it this weekend. Sucks because I would have had my axles by this weekend. There's so much I need to do to my xj but I don't wana do it when I'm about to do this swap because it's pointless. I need balljoints soooo bad, I need new pinion seals front and rear, I need a adjustable trac bar, I need new tires, I need a sye. But all this will either get removed or replaced with the swap so it's pointless to do it now and waste money

Unread 05-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #245
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just picked up some h2 rims with 33 Bfg Ats on them for FREE. Getting a corp 14 bolt this weekend with 4.10 gears this weekend. Gonna go through that and order some perches from barnes4x4. Ill probably weld the diff to. My plan right now is to get 37s for the h2 rims and I think the 4.10 gears should be OK. Not good or bad. H2 rims are pretty light so 4.10s might be alright. It's so hard to find a ford Dana 60 for cheap. I'm thinking about getting a dodge Dana 60 just because it's easier to find and still a 8x6.5. Who knows.

Unread 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #246
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Getting interesting.....
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #247
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I took my own advice and went two tone !! love it
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #248
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I took my own advice and went two tone !! love it
Sweet post a pic

Unread 05-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #249
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sweet post a pic

just put a few in my build thread
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #250
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

just put a few in my build thread
Dude your **** is badass man. I love the tailgate. I wish I could chop my xj up but I need a daily driver for now. I made a pretty substantial decision yesterday. Decided to take everyone's advice and go with coils up front when I swap to full widths. So on that note I have h2 rims that I like, I found some 36" iroks from a friend that I can get cheap, I have a 14 bolt ff with 4.10 gears and drum brakes and I welded the spider gears in it, gonna order some Barnes 4x4 perches, all I really need before I start tearing mine apart for the build is a front axle. It seems almost impossible to find a Dana 60 for less than 1000 bucks so I think I'm going to get a ford hp44 with the cast radius arms, make a crossmember with mounts for radius arms, and to get the hp44 lug pattern to match ill use adapters which will also help with the little bit of difference in width. So I'm looking for a hp44 now.

Unread 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #251
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Dude your **** is badass man. I love the tailgate. I wish I could chop my xj up but I need a daily driver for now. I made a pretty substantial decision yesterday. Decided to take everyone's advice and go with coils up front when I swap to full widths. So on that note I have h2 rims that I like, I found some 36" iroks from a friend that I can get cheap, I have a 14 bolt ff with 4.10 gears and drum brakes and I welded the spider gears in it, gonna order some Barnes 4x4 perches, all I really need before I start tearing mine apart for the build is a front axle. It seems almost impossible to find a Dana 60 for less than 1000 bucks so I think I'm going to get a ford hp44 with the cast radius arms, make a crossmember with mounts for radius arms, and to get the hp44 lug pattern to match ill use adapters which will also help with the little bit of difference in width. So I'm looking for a hp44 now.

Holy crap that's going to be awesome .....when all is said and done i want to do the something ....at the rate I'm going ... Might take a few years ....
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #252
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Holy crap that's going to be awesome .....when all is said and done i want to do the something ....at the rate I'm going ... Might take a few years ....
Lol you seem to be moving alot faster than me. I found a 3/4 8 lug Dana 44 for 200 bucks in good condition with 4.10 gears. It would match my 14 bolt in lug pattern and gears. Boom! Buying that ***** on Thursday

Unread 05-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #253
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Get to fabbin!!!
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #254
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Man gears and axles make such a difference
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #255
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

How do you guys think 4.10s and 35s will be? Is it worth buying gears just to bump up to a 4.88 because I wouldn't go any lower than 4.88s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.