Project high school build! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project high school build!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #181
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1

No biggie, u needed it and i had it.
Show him a pic of one with door edge over the front cut.
Yea that's what I showed him and he's like I just don't like it. So idk if that means I can do it and he just won't like it or I can't do it lol. I hate having to get his consent on things. The only reason is cuz it's not historic tags and he paid for the tags and everything and it's under his name.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 01-31-2013, 12:31 AM   #182
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Heres one
20090403varios096.jpg  
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:02 AM   #183
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I honestly think I'm going to do mine like that ... i may even go silver ... just looks soooooo gooood
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #184
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1
I honestly think I'm going to do mine like that ... i may even go silver ... just looks soooooo gooood
Dude that one looks awesome.

Unread 01-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #185
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I know !!!! I really think i'm going this way with mine... It would look SICK on your jeep... it would look like the one i posted ....
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:22 AM   #186
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I know !!!! I really think i'm going this way with mine... It would look SICK on your jeep... it would look like the one i posted ....
When It warms up to a better paint temperature I may go this route. I need to cover up the sheet metal from paint cracking and ripples and stuff and Bedliner covers stuff good to. Ill probably do it and I wana do my hood like this

image-178982904.jpg  
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #187
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9 View Post
When It warms up to a better paint temperature I may go this route. I need to cover up the sheet metal from paint cracking and ripples and stuff and Bedliner covers stuff good to. Ill probably do it and I wana do my hood like this

For sure.. Im going to do my hood the same, its really good so you don't get glare from sunlight or off road lights at night. My roof rack lights reflect off the hood bad. Painting the hood like that would really help .... that's a good plan
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #188
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

So I got my dad on board with the 2 tone Bedliner and fender trimming. Will be doing that soon. I figured out my winch won't fit on my bumper because of the bullbar being to narrow so I'm gonna cut the bullbar off put the winch on and bend up a new bullbar and weld it on. I'm really thinking about a Exo cage because I know I could do it myself. We will see

Unread 02-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #189
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I was thinking .... it may be worth it to use raptor line vs. spay can bedliner... it will hold up A LOT better and look pro too. And it will cost you maybe even almost the same. Raptor liner is pretty cheap, and one pack will prob be enough, and its under 130$. And you will use around $60 for dupi color, and you will have to redo it in a year or two.
Unread 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #190
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

look at this thread.. there are some good ones in here. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...l-3rd-gen.html

You just have to make sure you take the time to prep well, and tape realllllly well with the right kind of tape and clean before you tape. If you do a ****ty job it will look ****ty, but if you do a nice job and spray it ... it will look reallllly good.
Unread 02-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #191
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Check out this jeep is SOO SOO SOO Nice .. done in raptor line.. thats the way to go. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...9/index25.html

look at post #367
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #192
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Check out this jeep is SOO SOO SOO Nice .. done in raptor line.. thats the way to go. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...9/index25.html

look at post #367
Holy smokes that thing looks good. You can't even tell it's Bedliner from a distance. That looks perfect. I actually made a final decision though. I've had good look with flat black paints. I think I'm going to leave my rockers Bedlined, and two tone like we've been talking about but using black paint, then paint my grill black and do this grill design in the same black paint. Grill and hood like this. All together I think it will look badass. And my birthdays coming up so I think I'm gonna get bolt on tube fenders and panel armor for my birthday that will get the same black paint and ill trim the fenders according to the tube fenders. No more noticeable dents and I think it will look sick to. Tell me what you think about paint vs. Bedliner. I know it's not as durable but my Cj was basically all spray painted and it help up very well. I took my time with it and it held up good and looked pretty good for what it was as well.

image-3185785927.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #193
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If you do it right it could look really good. If you rattle can it ....it may not look good .... If you get a compressor and spray gun it should come out really nice, but good flat paint jobs are hard. They are really a base coat & clear coat like your factory paint, they just add a flatner to the paint, to do that right it would cost about 300 in material, and flat is hard to spray. It takes skill because if its thicker in one spot than another, it will have a different finish. That's why bedliner is easy .... It's cheap and you can't really mess it up. If you want to go flat and have it look good for less than $500 you can get a body shop to do it and it will look pro.
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #194
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you do it right it could look really good. If you rattle can it ....it may not look good .... If you get a compressor and spray gun it should come out really nice, but good flat paint jobs are hard. They are really a base coat & clear coat like your factory paint, they just add a flatner to the paint, to do that right it would cost about 300 in material, and flat is hard to spray. It takes skill because if its thicker in one spot than another, it will have a different finish. That's why bedliner is easy .... It's cheap and you can't really mess it up. If you want to go flat and have it look good for less than $500 you can get a body shop to do it and it will look pro.
I have a compressor and spray gun. Used it to spray a gloss black on my Cj. Not to bad either. But I might try flat black and if I can't get it right ill do Bedliner. We will see how it turns out

image-1877680473.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #195
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Your cj looks great .... I think you got this .... Just go base and clear and use the flattener and it will look really good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.