Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Project GOD! Locked and Stretched!

90K views 680 replies 76 participants last post by  Puck81 
#1 ·
Currently where the Project is at...

D44 out of F250 Front with 5.13s, chromoly shafts, Reid Racing Knuckles, Eaton E-Locker, and allot of other goodies!
D60 FF out of E-350 Rear with 5.13s, and Spool

Dimension:
Ground to Roof= 73"
Width= 86"
Wheelbase= 116"

It sits a bit wider than I would like, however I will never flip! The stance is extremely wide because of the custom 15" 8x6.5 wheels with an INSANE BACKSPACING :(

A few photos for your viewing pleasure...

Best part about having my jeep... Knowing that this road turns into a dirt road, than dead ends at my cabin, and all that land is mine to explore!

Below is the original starting post

Project GOD is underway! AKA Get outta Dodge, or in other words my Bug out Vehicle!

1999 Cherokee Limited 72k miles Perfect Interior... I was planning on Purchasing an all Stock XJ and doing the build myself however my buddy was needing to get rid of his ASAP! Needless to say I got a killer deal on a well built Platform that I just drove 106 miles back to my house with the cruise control set at 75mph! I was actually very impressed with that by itself!

Current purchased parts.
Mix and Matched 4inch SA Lift
Maxxiss Bighorn 35x12.50s
D30 high pinion Front with 4.10 gears and Detroit Locker
Chrysler 8.25 Superior 4.10 Gears Welded :(
SYE with new driveshaft
The Rear has been stretched to 112"
The Rear is also Comp Cut! which is what I wanted to do!
Fuel Tank in Cargo Area
CB/Antenna
Halogen Light kit that are REALLY BRIGHT!

I have ready to install...
Full rebuild kit for the d30 and 8.25
4.88s front and rear
Spartan Locker Front
Detroit Rear
Rustys Long Arm from my previous XJ!

Overall goal for this project is to keep it some what streetable but maintain the ruggedness of my lifestyle. My wife is actually the one that convinced me to get another Jeep so she supports me 110% We want to build this XJ to be prepared for the Bath Salt Apocalypse!

Now for the good stuff the photos! For any of yall that remember me... I spend allot of time wheeling so Look Forward to TONS more photos!

THE GOODIESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

See less See more
#64 ·
Roof rack is now on a buddies WJ, I am in the process of fabbing up a little bit beefier and larger rack to hold more luggage for camping/hunting outings. I want to say the brand was either Thule, or warrior products.

check out this site for some GREAT DEALS on roof racks!

http://www.discountramps.com/car-top-carriers-roof-racks.htm

#72 ·
Thanks man!

Waterpump went out today, luckily I was only about 2 miles away from work! Highest the temp got to was 235-240ish still enough to piss me off!

First Up I drained and Flushed the radiator

Took the belt off, I didnt have to remove the fan shroud, radiator, brace or anything else besides the belt.

Got the old water pump off... everything seemed like it should work haha.

Threw it all back together and everything is perfect, I havnet seen the temps raise past 205

#80 ·
Not sure if any of yall remember my first Project I had... and it was my first Vehicle and Jeep... 1986 XJ Long story Short I will be going back to TX next month and hauling it back!

Parts I am going to rip off... Most parts will be for sale locally to help fund this build...

SYE and F/R driveshafts
D30/d35 with 4.88s chromoly and Detroits
6" coils 1.5" spacer 5.5" Leafs and Shackle
Track Bar
Heim Joints and Long Arms
Rustys Skids
35x12.50 brand new Big Horns
Spidex Wheel Spacer/Adapters
Much More I cant remember...

Photos of said stuff...

#83 ·
might be interested in those wheel spacers if you would want to ship but anyway you know what kind of tail lights are on the new rig?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.