Project GOD! Locked and Stretched! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Project GOD! Locked and Stretched!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

completely understand that, mine is a DD and my kid pointed out the the headliner in the back the other day flapping in the wind, its getting bad, I want to do rubber floors and something with the headliner, I want to keep the insulation but maybe take it out spray that resign on it and then beline it after that, not sure how that Monstaliner sticks to that fiberglass resgn.

Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #17
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

are you going to enclose the gas tank at all??Especially with your kid in the back ( basically right behind him).
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #18
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07 View Post
completely understand that, mine is a DD and my kid pointed out the the headliner in the back the other day flapping in the wind, its getting bad, I want to do rubber floors and something with the headliner, I want to keep the insulation but maybe take it out spray that resign on it and then beline it after that, not sure how that Monstaliner sticks to that fiberglass resgn.
Have you thought about doing the roll on Berliner for the floors, along with possibly rubber floor mats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
are you going to enclose the gas tank at all??Especially with your kid in the back ( basically right behind him).
That is my next big project, I will be re vamping the cargo area. I have not made an exact plan yet, but I have a basic idea.
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Just finished up the cargo area for now... Added some gun stencils to the gas tank to add 5hp each! Added a PVS-14 Ammo style can... it is unique, full waterproof with rubber seal, has rubber wrapped on the inside of the can etc. If anyone wants some let me know! Inside the can I have... Flashlights, Batteries, old digital camera for OOPS forgot mine, and an MRE. The Green bag is a small Bug Out Bag that is packed and ready for anything! There are also allot of random straps, tree savers, and my CB antena. Behind the Gas tank I have my complete AID BAG!

Unread 06-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #20
lilsinister

where you get the tail lights at ive been looking for a set like that for my suzuki but cant find any. and howd you install them into the hatch
lilsinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #21
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsinister View Post
where you get the tail lights at ive been looking for a set like that for my suzuki but cant find any. and howd you install them into the hatch
The taillights where already on the Jeep. Looks like all Brandon did was cut the circles into the hatch and placed them right into the hatch.
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #22
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Fixed some rattling from the rear "shocks where really lose!" Also the upper shock mount seems like it broke free of the welds so will be touching that up tomorrow! As always little man helped me!

Unread 06-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

sticking with tradition... the XJ put me in the hospital earlier today haha... I managed to slice my arm open pretty good, got 9 stitches.
Unread 06-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #24
XJ Jay
1999 XJ Cherokee 

pretty sure a 9 month old should be still facing the rear. good to see your fuel tank is secure and all, but agreed with the others, i wouldnt have my 9 month old in the same space as a fuel tank.
XJ Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #25
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Jay View Post
pretty sure a 9 month old should be still facing the rear.
NBDbro
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #26
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Took another look at the broken shock mounting bracket. I have decided fabbing up another system for bracket will be the best option.

Unread 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #27
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I get either 0 mpg or 69 mpg...

On a brighter note... hit a few trails today... also forced the wife to drive on some rather interesting areas. I will have Video Uploaded soon!

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #28
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cassie, my wife is driving! She has never driven a vehicle through any obstacles so what better time to learn? Ignore me and my annoying ground guideing... I did not want her to flip my heep!

Unread 06-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #29
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsun View Post
I am half tempted to re line mine also. but $ can be spent elsewhere, especially since its not a DD
I suggest U-POL spray on bedliner. I have sprayed it in 2 Jeeps with no experience and it came out great.

I don't have a headliner either and am thinking of just bedlining it. With it bare I don't think my HEEP gets too much hotter than it would with it. The doors off helps.

Jeep looks great Drew and Cassie driving was outstanding!
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 05:30 AM   #30
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Edit: wrong thread

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.