Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Project GOD! Locked and Stretched!

90K views 680 replies 76 participants last post by  Puck81 
#1 ·
Currently where the Project is at...

D44 out of F250 Front with 5.13s, chromoly shafts, Reid Racing Knuckles, Eaton E-Locker, and allot of other goodies!
D60 FF out of E-350 Rear with 5.13s, and Spool

Dimension:
Ground to Roof= 73"
Width= 86"
Wheelbase= 116"

It sits a bit wider than I would like, however I will never flip! The stance is extremely wide because of the custom 15" 8x6.5 wheels with an INSANE BACKSPACING :(

A few photos for your viewing pleasure...

Best part about having my jeep... Knowing that this road turns into a dirt road, than dead ends at my cabin, and all that land is mine to explore!

Below is the original starting post

Project GOD is underway! AKA Get outta Dodge, or in other words my Bug out Vehicle!

1999 Cherokee Limited 72k miles Perfect Interior... I was planning on Purchasing an all Stock XJ and doing the build myself however my buddy was needing to get rid of his ASAP! Needless to say I got a killer deal on a well built Platform that I just drove 106 miles back to my house with the cruise control set at 75mph! I was actually very impressed with that by itself!

Current purchased parts.
Mix and Matched 4inch SA Lift
Maxxiss Bighorn 35x12.50s
D30 high pinion Front with 4.10 gears and Detroit Locker
Chrysler 8.25 Superior 4.10 Gears Welded :(
SYE with new driveshaft
The Rear has been stretched to 112"
The Rear is also Comp Cut! which is what I wanted to do!
Fuel Tank in Cargo Area
CB/Antenna
Halogen Light kit that are REALLY BRIGHT!

I have ready to install...
Full rebuild kit for the d30 and 8.25
4.88s front and rear
Spartan Locker Front
Detroit Rear
Rustys Long Arm from my previous XJ!

Overall goal for this project is to keep it some what streetable but maintain the ruggedness of my lifestyle. My wife is actually the one that convinced me to get another Jeep so she supports me 110% We want to build this XJ to be prepared for the Bath Salt Apocalypse!

Now for the good stuff the photos! For any of yall that remember me... I spend allot of time wheeling so Look Forward to TONS more photos!

THE GOODIESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

See less See more
#34 ·
I have had good luck w/ Raptor http://www.tptools.com/Product.aspx?display_id=2600 but if I was looking to bedline today I. Would go with monstalier. Its made in the USA, and a forum sponsor. http://monstaliner.com/

I did my rockers 2x, int. door bottoms, floors int. and ext. and front and rear bumpers with one kit. I'm happy with the results

I dig your set up!! Keep those wheeling pics coming. I just watched that vid and that thing flexes well.

#41 ·
Definately a good starting point. stated it was a bug out vehicle, is it also your DD?

Hows the rust underneath?

things i see:

rear quarters look like crap. clean it up if you can
rear shackles: wow... get new leafs
I thought it stated fuel cell, that looks like the gas tank was just haphazardly relocated inside the rear. get a real fuel cell or get that tank out of the back
better rear bumper. and tire carrier maybe? dont see a spare or a place to put one. if you bugging out, you need spare
Camera mount - first real tight spot and buh bye camera

rest looks real good, and sometimes it can be the best ladder there is :thumbsup:

#42 ·
Definately a good starting point. stated it was a bug out vehicle, is it also your DD?

Hows the rust underneath?

things i see:

rear quarters look like crap. clean it up if you can
rear shackles: wow... get new leafs
I thought it stated fuel cell, that looks like the gas tank was just haphazardly relocated inside the rear. get a real fuel cell or get that tank out of the back
better rear bumper. and tire carrier maybe? dont see a spare or a place to put one. if you bugging out, you need spare
Camera mount - first real tight spot and buh bye camera

rest looks real good, and sometimes it can be the best ladder there is :thumbsup:
Correction on the fuel cell, I changed that in the original post. I have a few suction cup camera mounts that I was moving around to just check things out, did not plan on keeping it there always. The rust is minimal for a XJ solid floorboards and all the normal XJ locations. I am fortunate and this is not my DD I have a 2004 Subaru Impreza STI and also 2009 GMC pickup. My wife drives a 2006 Trailblazer. I dont have any problem with the Shackles, they are flipped to enable the stretch. The leafs are a 4inch Pack. I would love to have a diffrent rear bumper along with a tire carrier, the axle builds will be first though! Thanks for the suggestions and input!

I loved the Ladder :)

Here are a few camera angles I was testing...

#46 ·
il be looking out for that. I really want to stretch the rear of mine and comp cut it but trying to find the best way to do so. Ruffstuff makes a spring perch kit that can stretch the wheelbase from 1-3" without changing the hangers or anything, I'm considering that or just flipping the leafs when I get all new suspension parts.

#52 ·
get jealous texsun! just ordered that and a fuel ring from genright

then il be rockin the sexy stretch with you!

Attachments

#61 ·
I guess... IMO 5:13s would be much better, most people are runnung 4:88s with only 35s. Those axles and tires are going to be some serious weight to move around unless you plan on being in 4low all the time...

#63 ·
Project GOD is underway! AKA Get outta Dodge, or in other words my Bug out Vehicle!

1999 Cherokee Limited 72k miles Perfect Interior... I was planning on Purchasing an all Stock XJ and doing the build myself however my buddy was needing to get rid of his ASAP! Needless to say I got a killer deal on a well built Platform that I just drove 106 miles back to my house with the cruise control set at 75mph! I was actually very impressed with that by itself!

Rough Country 4inch SA Lift
Maxxiss Bighorn 35x12.50s
D30 high pinion Front with 4.10 gears and Detroit Locker
Chrysler 8.25 Superior 4.10 Gears Welded :(
SYE with new driveshaft
The Rear has been stretched to 112"
The Rear is also Comp Cut! which is what I wanted to do!
Fuel Tank in Cargo Area
CB/Antenna
Halogen Light kit that are REALLY BRIGHT!

I have ready to install...
Full rebuild kit for the d30 and 8.25
4.88s front and rear
Spartan Locker Front
Detroit Rear
Rustys Long Arm from my previous XJ!

Overall goal for this project is to keep it some what streetable but maintain the ruggedness of my lifestyle. My wife is actually the one that convinced me to get another Jeep so she supports me 110% We want to build this XJ to be prepared for the Bath Salt Apocalypse!

Now for the good stuff the photos! For any of yall that remember me... I spend allot of time wheeling so Look Forward to TONS more photos!

Great looking rig Tex. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun with it.

I'm really curious about your roof rack. I am looking for one just like that. Not too big and fairly narrow. Do you know what brand it is? I see it's not on in the last several pictures you posted. Any chance it's for sale? :2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.