Well guys, I had a thread about picking up a new to me xj so figured I may as well make a thread and join in on the fun.
It's a '92 Cherokee sport, red 4 door, 4.0/ax15 combo, with 186k on the odometer.
The good: runs good, drives, has heat, it's from Delaware so it's under coated
, and the interior is in good condition.
The bad: the drivers floor board rusted out(I'm guessing the undercoat ran out of steam so to speak), the valve cover leaks, I believe the rear main seal is shot, and I think the 2nd gear synchro is going out.
I started off by painting the rockers, lower quarters, and bottoms of the doors with plastidip to add contrast and cover up some imperfections, painted the cowl between the good and windshield, then called it a day. The following day, I went out and bought a new valve cover gasket and got my hands dirty. It was sooo much easier then I thought it was going to be and left me some extra time to tackle something else that needed addressed: the ebrake. With it being a 5speed, i wanted this to work so the weight of the jeep wasnt on the transmission. I got underneath it and noticed the tightening nut on the bolt was just loose so I grabbed an impact gun, deep socket, and got started. This thing was SIEZED on beyond any stretch of the imagination. I got it tight enough to hold the weight of the jeep however, it only holds it from rolling forward, not backward.
Total cost to date:
So $806.00 for a running vehicle not to bad if you ask me.
And the coralis effect bc everyone should know it