Product line expansion! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Product line expansion!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #16
xGArfx
1999 XJ Cherokee 

For your rock rails I'd suggest offering a pinch seam mount instead of the rocker mount. Only reason I say this is because a lot of xjs, usually older ones have rusted rockers which risks structural integrity of the mount for your rock rails.

xGArfx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #17
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

bump........

Bruiser -- 93 XJ Sport. 9.5" lift on 35"" Claws, Locked front & Rear, and some other crap. Rolled it
Cruiser -- 1998 XJ Classic. 3" RC lift. 32" Kuhmo Ventures. Sold it
1999 WJ Limited V8. 4" Mix-n-Match Lift. Nothing special.
YJSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #18
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

just ordered a set of rails, i will update... thanks.

Bruiser -- 93 XJ Sport. 9.5" lift on 35"" Claws, Locked front & Rear, and some other crap. Rolled it
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #19
polizi212

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC View Post
Oops, my bad...(I deleted the pics/post)I have a thread like this in the TJ forum too.

I do not have any pics at this moment....BUT we are making bumpers for our 1997 cherokee we just bought as a shop project this weekend, so I will post pics Sunday or Monday.

It does require you to remove the plastic moulding that is below the fender line. The body underneath still has the same body lines as the earlier models. The trim is also slightly different on the 97+ bumpers(as is why we ask the yr).
its thursday now where are the pictures???
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:54 AM   #20
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

About your D rings on the bumpers, Would you be willing to make It so that they are D ring mounts? like how Most other companies do it? I just dont trust that little guy, or its mount, and what not. Other than that. I'm very impressed with those bumpers!

Also, You should post pictures up of the mounting system on both bumpers.

As for a new product, I could see an interior roll bar assembly being a fairly cheap to manufacture product, with good return.
Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #21
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Front skids (that go bumper down to the axle like the stock one, but beefier), control arm skids, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #22
pumpkinXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

x2 on dring mounts as another option. Also a front non winch bumper. Anykind of armor you can make, maybe taillights? A piller light mount for xjs?
Originally Posted by -Deepskyy- View Post
If it ever happens to me, I'll just put the clutch down to the floor, and start revving the YJ up to about 3500 and then yell out "I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF AWESOME COMING FROM MY JEEP!"
pumpkinXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #23
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

prebent 4point or 6point cage (affordable). Shackle relocation brackets. DIY parts. Precut not assembled sliders. Stuff like that.
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #24
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Not one company makes a set of steel flate tube fenders for a cherokee. Tons of people along with myself would be ALL OVER a set of those.( search cruzion illusions custom set to get an idea.) if you decide its something to would like to try let me know ASAP!
lilnapsak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #25
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

The brown santa just dropped these off at my house today. These things are PURE BEEF. I estimate they weigh about 80 lbs. Ill put them on this weekend and post pics.
forumrunner_20110504_195636.jpg   forumrunner_20110504_195656.jpg  

Unread 05-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #26
BCC
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polizi212 View Post
its thursday now where are the pictures???
Sorry got sidetracked and still havent gotten around to the bumpers for our cherokee, thus the reason for no pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbiked View Post
About your D rings on the bumpers, Would you be willing to make It so that they are D ring mounts? like how Most other companies do it? I just dont trust that little guy, or its mount, and what not. Other than that. I'm very impressed with those bumpers!

Also, You should post pictures up of the mounting system on both bumpers.

As for a new product, I could see an interior roll bar assembly being a fairly cheap to manufacture product, with good return.
The d-ring mounts that you speak of are an option already(+$15), but are called weld through studs for clevises. "Clevis" is the technical name of the removable shackle type d-rings you speak of. 3/4" Clevises can be included for an additional $30.

As far as the strength of the d-rings that are included as listed, they are 6300lb WLL, with a break strength of 19k. I myself have put them to the test several times, completely bogging down an 8k winch, and have never had a failure nor have I had any reported.

I will post pictures tomorrow as I finish some front bumpers of the as is mounts, as well as the extended mounts that are optional.

If I get to rear bumpers tomorrow, I will also snap some of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rudy- View Post
Front skids (that go bumper down to the axle like the stock one, but beefier), control arm skids, etc.
I'll definitely keep them in mind...I am definitely looking into producing skids for TJs, XJs and JKs in the near future.

[SIZE="2"]Check out our store:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][url]http://stores.ebay.com/brookscustomconcepts[/url][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]###DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OUR WEEKLY SPECIALS###[/SIZE]

Purchase through Ebay and mention this forum to receive 10% off your purchase OR email directly at
[email]BrookGehle@gmail.com[/email] and get 15% off with a Paypal invoice.*

*Not valid with any other discounts

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Car crushing video:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjOORqlbnoI[/url][/FONT]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/FONT]
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #27
BCC
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Attached are pics of the standard mounts with the front bumper, the extended mounts on a front bumper, the winch mount, and the mounts on the rear bumper. I will post more pics of the rear with frame tie-ins at the beginning of next week when we build a few hitch bumpers, as they include the tie-ins(or is optional on the standard d-ring bumper)

Also attached are pictures of the front frame rails so that you can see what holes are used on the extended mounts.

Keep an eye out in the vendor display section for a writeup on the front bumper with all of the options listed in detail.
pict0067.jpg   pict0070.jpg   pict0071.jpg   pict0072.jpg   pict0091.jpg  

Purchase through Ebay and mention this forum to receive 10% off your purchase OR email directly at

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Car crushing video:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjOORqlbnoI[/url][/FONT]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/FONT]
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #28
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Your sway bar bushings are pooched, but the bumper design is good. Alot of people here speak about wanting a tucked in winch bumper, but most wouldn't cut the front cross member to do it. I picked up the 3/4" hole further back when I made my bumper last summer. Probably overkill.

The rear bumper should tie into the nutserts for a hitch if there are recovery points attatched, but a simple rear bumper is my thing - less is more - you have that - fill the gap below the tail light for a finished look.

I like the hoop on the sliders, and would weld up a kit shipped cut and boxed too. I need the practice and am frugal. Your welds look nice - I wish I had a mig welder, but the buzz box was free.
If I don't cut out and 2x6 my existing rockers by the end of summer. (looking at angle grinder)
side-view-showing-tie-.jpg  
Unread 05-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #29
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

also a rear bumper that wraps around and under the rear rocker panel for the people who have cut that for more clearance.
lilnapsak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #30
BCC
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka View Post
Your sway bar bushings are pooched, but the bumper design is good. Alot of people here speak about wanting a tucked in winch bumper, but most wouldn't cut the front cross member to do it. I picked up the 3/4" hole further back when I made my bumper last summer. Probably overkill.

The rear bumper should tie into the nutserts for a hitch if there are recovery points attatched, but a simple rear bumper is my thing - less is more - you have that - fill the gap below the tail light for a finished look.

I like the hoop on the sliders, and would weld up a kit shipped cut and boxed too. I need the practice and am frugal. Your welds look nice - I wish I had a mig welder, but the buzz box was free.
If I don't cut out and 2x6 my existing rockers by the end of summer. (looking at angle grinder)

Yeah...the bushings are definitely shot, but so was the engine when we bought it, so it is the first priority in getting this shop vehicle rolling. We mainly bought it because the body was completely straight, and planning on making it a wheeler.

As far as using the farther back hole, it was definitely considered, but unfortunately it makes the package significantly larger according to UPS and the shipping cost nearly doubles.

On the rear bumper I have been debating on raising the price slightly to cover the frame tie ins and make them a standard feature. We do know that it is best to have the tie ins if you plan on yanking anything hard, but like you said, less is more for a lot of people, and a lot want them purely to replace a bent stock bumper from getting rear ended, and do not necessarily need them. The tie ins are an option though, utilizing 3 frame holes on each side. Also, we do put trim pieces under the lights to fill the gap(see attached pic)

So weld up kits are definitely in demand? meaning you guys would like for us to offer sliders and bumpers etc that have not been welded so that you can do it?

Thanks for the feedback.
dscn4379.jpg  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/FONT]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.